Req Wide List view mode
Hello,

Would it be possible to have a Wide List mode? Similar to the regular list mode, but instead of showing the icon to the right, will use a larger horizontal space?

This would be very useful for showing sporting events which have long titles but not a unique icon.
No plans to add another view. Someone would need to create a mod to do this.
Any tips on where I should look to adding a new view? I notice that in my video add-ons, i'm not able to change to a different view than List View for example.
(2015-02-27, 03:28)yukky Wrote: Any tips on where I should look to adding a new view? I notice that in my video add-ons, i'm not able to change to a different view than List View for example.

It is up to the video addons to set the correct content type. I use YouTube, Sports Illustrated, etc and have multiple view modes available. Which video addons don't have any views other than List?

To add a new view, you have to create the viewtype xml. Easiest way to create a wide list would be to make a copy of the existing list view and modify it. Then you have to add the new view to Includes.xml and MyVideoNav.xml.
(2015-02-28, 00:53)braz Wrote: Which video addons don't have any views other than List?

Hi,

In the "Video Addons" menu section (which shows me all video addons i have installed) there is only list view available. But I want "symbols" or other views.

When i change the skin to confluence it's possible and i can change the views of the video addons section. But back to mimic I can't.

Any idea how to activate other views in the Video Addons menu section?

The list view ist not very comfotable when you have more than 4 or 5 items in the video addons menu.

Thanks a lot in advance!
(2015-07-18, 12:24)smartcodier Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 00:53)braz Wrote: Which video addons don't have any views other than List?

Hi,

In the "Video Addons" menu section (which shows me all video addons i have installed) there is only list view available. But I want "symbols" or other views.

When i change the skin to confluence it's possible and i can change the views of the video addons section. But back to mimic I can't.

Any idea how to activate other views in the Video Addons menu section?

The list view ist not very comfotable when you have more than 4 or 5 items in the video addons menu.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Which version of Mimic are you using, 1.x? The latest version (2.2.0) for Isengard has List, Icon, Shift, and LowList available for addons.
(2015-07-19, 02:53)braz Wrote: Which version of Mimic are you using, 1.x? The latest version (2.2.0) for Isengard has List, Icon, Shift, and LowList available for addons.

Thanks for the fast reply. I use the latest openelec - there is mimic version 1.1.1 included (kodi helix). So I have to wait for new openelec releases...

But there is another issue with the views: When I change the view for some sources/folders these changes will not be remembered - when I later come back to the folder it shows again the view I changed before.

Is this solved in the newer mimic versions too?

Thanks again Wink
There are a lot of improvements in Mimic 2.2.0. Skins don't have any control over how views are remembered though, that is handled by Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wide List view mode0