Can I move my Kodi library to another computer?
Greetings.. Smile

I'm in the process of setting up a dedicated media server, but I've just run into a hitch and I'm not sure how to get around it.. I've got KodiBuntu up and running on a new machine, but up til now I've been using my main PC (Win8.1) for this. Is it possible to extract my episode list and profile from the Windows Kodi 14, and import this into the Linux version, maintaining my list of watched shows...? I'm not sure what differences there are between the Windows and Linux versions.

At the same time, I have another semi-related question.. Currently all my media is on a single 3TB drive in my Windows machine, but I want to move this over to the media center. Would I need to move stuff around and get this drive onto an EXT3 partition, or would KodiBuntu still function as expected with my media on a NTFS partition?
The paths to the media files will be different on linux. Best thing would be to export your library to xml, change all the paths with, say, sed, and then import to the linux machine.

Linux will do ntfs but it is not as good as using a proper filesystem.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-03, 01:34)nickr Wrote: Linux will do ntfs but it is not as good as using a proper filesystem.

Lol.. Fair point. Smile I'll have to get another drive to have the space to move things around, but I was planning to do something along those lines anyway.

In that case, I'll have to sort out the storage before I try transfer the library then. Thanks for the confirmation.
Small problem... Using the built-in export library option doesn't seem to include include each item's watched state.

I set "importwatchedstate" to true as per this page, made sure I updated the "path", "filenamepath" and "basepath" values correctly (even scanned my new library and double checked the paths), but I cannot get it to maintain the watched states of any of my shows.

If it's at all applicable: the library I'm trying to export comes from Windows Kodi 14.0 (still uses XBMC for the shortcut), and I'm importing into KodiBuntu (downloaded a few days back). Am I missing something here?

[edit]: To clarify, the exported "videodb.xml" does include each item's "watchcount", but this doesn't seem to be imported on the other side. Unless I'm mistaken, this is how Kodi determines whether or not a show has been watched.
Er.. Ok, ignore my last post. A second import of the same file worked fine, Smile My library has been transferred.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I move my Kodi library to another computer?0