• 132(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-12-12, 10:03)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 09:59)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: Hey all! After ordering one a few weeks back, yesterday when I arrived home I finally got to set up and play around with KODI on my new Shield TV. I love it, but have one gripe: the context menu with the Remote (not the controller). I know that I can long press to bring up the context menu, but each time I do, as soon as I release the select button on the Remote, it just performs the already highlighted action. I can't move up or down on the selection menu. Am I doing it wrong? Workarounds?

That doesn't sound right. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?

I'll try to get it off the Shield and onto some network drive so I can post it.
(2015-12-11, 18:05)PunchMe Wrote: Hi all,

just bought a yamaha rx-v479 receiver.
I used to have my shield directly plugged into my optoma projector and all was fine. When I played a movie my proj switched to 24Hz and video played smoothly.
Now that I have the shield plugged in the amp, my proj stays in 60Hz and I get judder.
I haven't changed any kodi options in the meantime(adjust refresh and sync to display are on).
Any idea what's going on ?
Thx
(2015-12-11, 20:56)Nellgrove Wrote: I've not been able to get auto frame rate switching working or any atmos audio working, while others have reported it works fine. There are few settings on the shield so I'm assuming this is some form of incompatibility with the kit that is connected.

I've tried atmos .mkv files on serenity and the archos player (with codec pack) and either get a blank screen or massive stuttering. The files play fine as soon as I switch to a non atmos audio track. This would do me fine in the interim until Kodi supports if I could get it working like others have.

Kodi doesn't even appear to attempt to auto frame rate change for me (even with the latest nightly). Tvhz only shows force 60hz as an option even after rebooting multiple times.

This would be less frustrating if others hadn't already confirmed both auto switching and atmos work for them.

I'm connecting to a 1080p Panasonic projector through a pioneer VSX930 receiver

I have a similar problem with refresh rate switching not working, but I think the Kodi devs can't do anything about it. It's an issue Nvidia will have to solve (hopefully) in a next update.

As stated on the wiki you might have luck by using a different HDMI ports and/or boot the devices in a specific order: display device --> AVR --> SATV. When booting in this order, both TVHZ and Kodi detect the right refresh rates supported by my projector (Sony HW40ES). Unfortunately the switching itself does not work: you can see Kodi/TVHZ trying to switch, the display blanks for a few seconds, but it always falls back to 60Hz.

If I'm not mistaken, it seems we are all connecting our SATV through a HDCP2.2 receiver with a HDCP1.4 display device. Maybe that's the "problem"?

Nellgrove, have you tried connecting the SATV directly to your projector to see if this works? Apparently this works in my setup, so maybe a HDMI splitter might do the trick for now.
(2015-12-12, 10:20)Pitbull_Raven Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 10:03)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 09:59)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: Hey all! After ordering one a few weeks back, yesterday when I arrived home I finally got to set up and play around with KODI on my new Shield TV. I love it, but have one gripe: the context menu with the Remote (not the controller). I know that I can long press to bring up the context menu, but each time I do, as soon as I release the select button on the Remote, it just performs the already highlighted action. I can't move up or down on the selection menu. Am I doing it wrong? Workarounds?

That doesn't sound right. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?

I'll try to get it off the Shield and onto some network drive so I can post it.

Part of the log here:

http://pastebin.com/JVH0asna

I think I know the problem now. Seems the option only works in 16 betas, but for me the nightly just refuses to update video library. So stuck with 15.2 till 16 is released or fixed.
Why a partial log, hiding info like the version of Kodi you're running, by instance Sad
(2015-12-12, 14:29)Koying Wrote: Why a partial log, hiding info like the version of Kodi you're running, by instance Sad

Ah, sorry! My bad. Thought log was too long and wanted to avoid pasting something so large. Will get on it and repost as soon as back at device.

Edit: here it is!
Yep, longpress is 16 only.
Now, a debug log of your video library not updating on 16 would help Wink
(2015-12-12, 14:36)Pitbull_Raven Wrote:
(2015-12-12, 14:29)Koying Wrote: Why a partial log, hiding info like the version of Kodi you're running, by instance Sad

Ah, sorry! My bad. Thought log was too long and wanted to avoid pasting something so large. Will get on it and repost as soon as back at device.

Edit: here it is!

1. Why are you using 15.1 instead of 15.2?
2. Check if you have the latest scraper versions
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So, just got a 4K TV... my Shield automatically switched to 4K @ 60, but even though Kodi (I have Jarvis beta 3 installed) UI is at 1080p, I assume my 4K clips will play at 4K?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-12, 23:56)hdmkv Wrote: So, just got a 4K TV... my Shield automatically switched to 4K @ 60, but even though Kodi (I have Jarvis beta 3 installed) UI is at 1080p, I assume my 4K clips will play at 4K?
Yes! It has been mentioned before that GUI will be limited to 1080p Wink
Yup... watching several 4K demos... jaw-dropping! Been watching demos all day Big Grin! It's like how I felt when I first saw a HDTV back in 1998. Got a Vizio 65" 4K over Black Friday... anyway, can't wait until 4K front projectors become affordable.
My HT
I am the only one getting audio out of sync for some videos?
It seems it happen on 720p videos, but not on 1080p

I have 720p 23,976 video

Results:
Shield on 23,98 with EZ media player: OK
Shield on 23,98 with KODI 15.2: NOK (video is about 60-100ms delayed compared to audio)
PC on 23,98 with KODI 15.2: OK
Shield on 50Hz with EZ: OK
Shield on 50Hz with Kodi: OK
Shield on 60Hz with EZ: OK
Shield on 60Hz with Kodi: OK

Disabling hardware acceleration and changing between bitstream and PCM gives no change.

I know it has been discussed some months ago, but it was said to be a shield problem, Strange in that case that EX media player (and built in android player) works just fine.
(2015-12-13, 00:52)hdmkv Wrote: Yup... watching several 4K demos... jaw-dropping! Been watching demos all day Big Grin! It's like how I felt when I first saw a HDTV back in 1998. Got a Vizio 65" 4K over Black Friday... anyway, can't wait until 4K front projectors become affordable.

Nice! Just a heads-up: you may want to disable auto firmware update on your TV. There have been some reports of issues @ 4K 60Hz: HDMI disconnects on Vizio TVs @ 4K 60Hz
Thanks for the heads up.
My HT
bought an RCA (Korean made) 4K/10 bit tv with an allegedly good panel but the weird part is it comes with a 1080p roku stick plugged into an MHL port hidden under a door.
How does this player handles videos with Variable Frame Rate?
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9