• 157(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-02-04, 19:08)ozkhan1 Wrote: It is definitely the best android kodi player in the market.

That is probably true, but apparently it is not at the same Level as a Linux Kodi Box. Yes I know that PC hardware only comes with HDMI 1.4a, so max 4k@4K, but how much 4K@60 content do you have? I have yet to test Netflix but I would expect everything to be in the range of 24p-30 frames.

Still Android Kodi is not as stable as the other versions and lacks some features (like proper pass-through). At least the UI speed is now compareable thanks to faster ARM hardware available.

Even though I know that it is nearly impossible (being a programmer myself), I'm truly wishing for a future where you get the same Kodi experience no matter which hardware you use.
(2016-02-05, 08:55)querty1000 Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 03:09)slateef Wrote:
(2016-02-02, 02:22)hdmkv Wrote: Then, any media player is fine... if files are named properly, then they should trigger your 3D display to show in 3D mode.

(2016-02-04, 16:56)drhill Wrote: 16 plays VC1 files fine.

Which version of 16 is best, all-around?

Since "official" KODI 16 doesn't have proper passthrough for HD formats and sucks on some receivers even with DTS and AC3 -< Koyings version.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
If you don't care about sound its no matter

If you need Atmos/DTS:X use Koying's. If you don't then use 16 RC2 and let the HD audio decode to PCM. Same things at that point.
(2016-02-03, 18:39)fletch101e Wrote: I am new to kodi (~3 weeks) and I am experimenting with different hardware for Kodi. I picked up a shield last night and wondering if anyone has any good remote replacement recommendations?

My main use is pvr usage (serverwmc) so looking along those lines. Also is there a way that Kodi can handle more than one keymap..ie different ones for different remotes?

Thanks!

I had a Rii i25A and it has good button layouts but the thing felt cheap so I ditched it. Bought a Fire TV Voice remote and love it. The only downside is it lacks dedicated volume controls, but Kodi keymaps are a work around for volume control.
Has anyone else had a problem with onscreen menus from AVR when using SATV throug AVR?

I have an onscreen menu so that I can see audiolevel when I adjust it. Works on all other devices except the SATV.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
If you use Denon X1200W (or maybe some other low-end Model) the onscreen menu does not show when a 4K source is connected. I knew that before hand it's quite hidden in the manual but apparently it's a feature reserved for the higher end models.
(2016-02-06, 11:07)falc410 Wrote: If you use Denon X1200W (or maybe some other low-end Model) the onscreen menu does not show when a 4K source is connected. I knew that before hand it's quite hidden in the manual but apparently it's a feature reserved for the higher end models.

I have the Marantz NR1606 but yes it is not a high end model so that is most likely the cause since it is only on this 4k input content.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
anyone know how to manually add adult movie files to the kodi library that were not picked up during scanning after using the 'add videos' feature? or is there a 3rd party adult movie scraper that works on this box?
Anyone else have problems with getting the sound to be lip synct correctly. I seem to play around with the offset alot in the last days and just when i think i got it synced i turn on a different movie or tv show and then i notice that its off again. Just cant seem to get it right. Its not off by much. Maybe just 25 ms in the + or - at max 50 ms but it drives me insane.
(2016-02-10, 23:09)alphabetagaga Wrote: is there a 3rd party adult movie scraper that works on this box?

Googling "Adult Movie Scraper" will give you a top result with a link to the Kodi thread about it.
(2016-01-22, 23:27)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 22:56)e3henri Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 18:04)drhill Wrote: "Koying's build OR the v17 builds". Typo. Still that isn't the important part of the statement. Official Kodi 16 has no audio or visual issues. Passthrough is an fluff feature for anyone who doesn't have an Atmos/DTS:X receiver and content.
Sorry for adding water on the meaningless pass-through issue (it will sound the same ...period) Smile
But I dont understand the statement of "no audio and visual issues", well I have lots of issues with my Kodi16 on SHield compared to Boxee box. Maybe you say that it is not a Kodi problem, but anyway most of my DVD rip have stuttering issues or audio out of sync (regardless of acceleration is turned on or off) and they played absolutly fine on Boxee box.

Thats a first. Boxee Box performing better than Shield. Who would have thunk?

I am having the similar problem (streaming local content from my Nas) . I have both Raspberry PI2 using Kodi and the Nvidia Shield TV streaming the same movie which connect to the same NAS and the RP2 outperforms it. The reason I purchased the Nvidia Shield was to have an all in one solution rather than having the RP2, and the Steam Link but for now it has proved to not do to well in terms of streaming local video content compared to my RP2. The rest it is an amazing piece of hardware. If anyone can help assist anyhow I would be very thankful.
Hi

I really wonder if I should buy this unit. It looks really good, and I get more than one thing in the unit. That I`ll like. :-)
Regardless off some problemes that I think will be fixed, I hope.

But have anyone tried to connect an USB Blu-Ray player, and do it work?
Does the "disc" menu appear on the Kodi menu, and will it play DVD`s and Blu-Ray`s?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2016-02-11, 06:31)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 23:09)alphabetagaga Wrote: is there a 3rd party adult movie scraper that works on this box?

Googling "Adult Movie Scraper" will give you a top result with a link to the Kodi thread about it.
thanks found what i need on this forum Angel
I need help with something, im trying to add audionextlanguage and nextsubtitle to work with logitech harmony.

How do i go about fixing keyboard.xml so i can use the harmony remote for this with the shield?
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
For example, i want to use the keys on the logitech harmony one (1-9) for stuff like this

so 1 = nextaudiolanguage/track
2= next subtitle

the problem is if i use this

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<1>AudioNextLanguage</1>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

it doesnt work, what should i use instead of keyboard? thanks for your help!
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2016-02-15, 13:43)henrikyo Wrote: For example, i want to use the keys on the logitech harmony one (1-9) for stuff like this

I have also a Harmony One and unfortunately I think this is not possible, number keys appear in Harmony definition but don't really exist, Shield does not recognize any command. Keys available are very limited, I have found this list:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/i0i6y6k7z8...mmands.pdf
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9