• 159(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-02-17, 13:42)riddle Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 10:45)Morgan Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 23:30)riddle Wrote: Hi, does some one have experience with hyperion on nvidia shield tv? I readed some info from this link: http://mathias-biedert.de/2015/11/19/nvidia-shield-android-tv-ambilight-ueber-kodi-nutzen/#comment-5262
. But for me this wasnt works on Shield TV only on tested PC with KODI 15.2. My Shiled TV have KODI build from 29 dec 2015 (KODI 16.0-BETA5 Git 2015-12-29-Ofee423).

thanks for eny info....

Hi,

I'm currently running Hyperion on a rPi v1 linked to my ShieldTV by WIFI.
Works like a charm!
I basically used the official github pages of the hyperion project. It is really nice.
I had to install a Kodi distrib (like OpenElec) on the rPi because somehow, when I started from scratch with a basic linux distrib, it never worked.

Hi, and whats verzion of KODI you are using? I know thats on stale verzion 15.2 STA working fine but on newest version this dont work. Stable version of KODI dont have implementace audio via hdmi passthrough to AVR.

I'm using the PlayStore Official version,
Audio Passthrough is working alright with my Yamaha RX-V675. But I never tried HD Audio I must say.
(2016-02-17, 20:53)riddle Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 16:21)frfinam Wrote: Hi,

Nvidia Shield TV + Kodi is working perfectly except for mkv file and folder with mkv.
My files are stored in a Qnap NAS and watched by Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV, however all MKV folder/files and their metadata are not shown with Kodi.
The only way to see them is using a Plex server running in qnap and plexmbx installed in Kodi.. But I don't like Plex, it is less customazable respect kodi.

Have someone the same issue?

Nop, what files sharing system you are using? Did you try NFS, i used all the time on Synology server and now on WHS i use it too... Its easy to set up and works wit all files.

I'm using smb. I will try with NFS. Thank you for the suggestion.
(2016-02-17, 20:53)riddle Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 16:21)frfinam Wrote: Hi,

Nvidia Shield TV + Kodi is working perfectly except for mkv file and folder with mkv.
My files are stored in a Qnap NAS and watched by Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV, however all MKV folder/files and their metadata are not shown with Kodi.
The only way to see them is using a Plex server running in qnap and plexmbx installed in Kodi.. But I don't like Plex, it is less customazable respect kodi.

Have someone the same issue?

Nop, what files sharing system you are using? Did you try NFS, i used all the time on Synology server and now on WHS i use it too... Its easy to set up and works wit all files.

I'm using smb. I will try with NFS. Thank you for the suggestion.
(2016-02-18, 01:26)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 16:21)frfinam Wrote: My files are stored in a Qnap NAS and watched by Kodi installed on Nvidia Shield TV, however all MKV folder/files and their metadata are not shown with Kodi.

Have you set the library up correctly, as per this guide:

Yes, I set as guide, perhaps it is a matter of kind of source
Are the files named correctly?
(2016-02-15, 19:15)dafababa2002 Wrote: Is there a better option for a file manager than ES File Explorer to use on the Shield? Maybe one without the privacy concerns? Whether they are true or not is not the issue, its the perception of an issue that bugs me.
The one and only one File explorer made from the community to the community on xda, MiXplorer !!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1523691
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
Anyone having their Kodi crash after the pvr update if you started a stream during the pvr database update?

I am getting this in Jarvis official and do not see it in Fire TV 2 also on Jarvis. Very consistent.

If I wait until the database update finishes, things run fine. Only happens on the Shield TV.

Update - If I disable local epg caching, then no crash. Which is fine I guess, just a lil slower to see epg populated.

Update2 - This problem is reproduced in FTV2 so I'm correcting myself and reporting this issue in the PVR WMC board.
Marshmallow is rolling out to Nvidia Shield TV today, which will allow use of external memory as internal Smile

http://www.androidcentral.com/marshmallo...ng-out-now
Wink 
They also added a 1080p HDMI setting and seem to have solved the issue with TAB 3D.
Finally, I'll be able to watch 3D movies on my Sony 4K from Shield \0/
I've some problems with my shield. Sometimes (specially after the shield comes from suspend -maybe also after DIM screensaver) Kodi freezes and after a few seconds finally hang. If I press the home button to come back to leanback launcher and the open Kodi again, everything is working like a charm but ONLY 4-5 seconds and Kodi hangs again.

This problem it's happen with 2.0 and 3.0 updates and affect to 4 shield TV I have, so I think is not hardware related.

I'm using latest 16 stable with passtrough, but It's happen with 15.2 and 16 official builds. My content is in a Synology NAS shared with NFS and I'm using Eminence 2 MOD.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq8byozxlrvh8c5/kodi.log?dl=0

I enabled debug, when it happens again I will upload the full debug log.

Thanks and regards.
Quite a long thread and while I did search for this I was unsuccessful.

I am about to pull the trigger on a Shield and am currently running KODI [Isengard] on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.

Is it possible to move some or all of my configurations/settings/add-ons/favorites etc to the Shield?

While not a deal breaker, as you can imagine a very time consuming process if I have to manually replicate my current configuration.
I would think so, I moved all my stuff from a raspberry pi with the Backups add-on. It complained it wasn't the same system but everything worked (except the keyboard mappings for some reason). Also I needed to remove the shutdown option, easy.
my ocd would mean i would have to start from scratch even if it was time consuming. just so i knew that i started with a vanilla install and setup Tongue
(2016-02-24, 18:24)joazito Wrote: I would think so, I moved all my stuff from a raspberry pi with the Backups add-on. It complained it wasn't the same system but everything worked (except the keyboard mappings for some reason). Also I needed to remove the shutdown option, easy.

Thanks good to know. I'll look up the Backups add-on.
(2016-02-24, 18:30)alphabetagaga Wrote: my ocd would mean i would have to start from scratch even if it was time consuming. just so i knew that i started with a vanilla install and setup Tongue

I know what you mean. Sometimes it is better to start clean from scratch but in the last couple of months I have finally got KODI set up to my liking and it involved many web searches, watching YT videos, discussion boards....
  • 159(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9