NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-03-06, 20:11)Topken Wrote: The 64bit Tegra K1 can almost run Dolphin full speed on some games.

Sure, some games are less demanding and honestly thanks to ARM enthusiasm the Dolphin code has improved greatly for speed since the last stable build. The issue is more on the Nvidia side- I want to see more from them in their custom cores.

If this thing had a Galaxy S6 Exynos core, or a A8X core, then I bet it could play more than a few games at full speed. I hope that Nvidia takes a leap this generation, but so far Project Denver has been a HUGE letdown. It will slay one benchmark that hits its little optimized use case, and then get killed by another one. I would have preferred just fat cores with the best tech you can copy from Intel's best chips under a microscope. CPUs is not a place for innovation- we kinda know what works and what doesn't. I wish Nvidia would copy Apple and go for what works rather than being cute. Oh well, it is enough for Kodi use with a large library.

The GPU side will be fine as we are looking at GPU that would be equal to the low-end on desktops with all the most current tech. I am glad that Nvidia will finally stand out with the best GPU in mobile, hopefully we see uses for that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by poofyhairguy - 2015-03-06, 20:20
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9