NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Intel integrated graphics started handling full BD quality video five generations ago. They didn't get 23.976 until the fourth generation. When that started Kodi was called XBMC and it couldn't do HD audio. AMD and Nvidia couldn't do perfect 23.976 at the time either

If the response was always, "You probably don't want to play back BDs on a PC" we really wouldn't have gotten anywhere

Android as a whole is still maturing a lot into something greater than just a simple phone/tablet OS. It's young into it's quest for living room adoption and perfecting video playback, and there are obviously going to be remnants of the phone/tablet needs that are opposed to the video playback needs (like fps) but I don't think anyone's ready to roll over and accept that it's as good as it'll get.

Off my soapbox now, thanks to both of you for testing and some early info. I'm ecstatic that nvidia recognized the foundation and sent testing units your way. I'm eager to get one myself once they are available to the public, it still checks a lot of boxes off my wish list for a fanless android kodi setup

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-05-28, 07:58
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9