NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-06-30, 06:31)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 05:45)Tinwarble Wrote: Fixed doesn't allow for pass-through. Once you change it to fixed it doesn't even let you select pass-through in the settings.

I am not referring to Kodi settings. This is the volume mode on the SHIELD.

Sorry, misunderstood what you meant. But that's not the issue, at least not on my end, especially since it's the same on every Android device I've owned, SATV, Ouya, FireTV, a MX2 box. And it's specific to just Kodi on Android.

(2015-06-30, 04:18)futrader Wrote: Do we know which receivers don't play well with Android Kodi? I'm running Shield TV through an Onkyo TXNR-616 (2012 model). DD+ and DTS pass through work just fine with Kodi, but after playing a DTS or DTS-MA movie, PCM audio output is broken on both Kodi and Shield TV after stopping the movie. DD+ movies and shows play just fine after playing DTS. I've tired every decode setting on the Onkyo with the same result. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot either the Onkyo or the Shield TV. DTS doesn't have these issues on the Onkyo playing movies on my Roku3 (Emby) or my RasPi (Openelec). Any ideas?

No, it's a hit or miss thing. Others have reported the same or similar type of issue on other Android devices and it's not so much a specific brand (although Onkyo AVRs do appear to be affected most), as it differs between model to model. My Denon, which is an 3yr model is affected, but those with newer models don't seem to have a issue.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Tinwarble - 2015-06-30, 06:38
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9