NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-06-30, 07:00)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-06-30, 06:38)Tinwarble Wrote: Sorry, misunderstood what you meant. But that's not the issue, at least not on my end, especially since it's the same on every Android device I've owned, SATV, Ouya, FireTV, a MX2 box. And it's specific to just Kodi on Android.

Well... it seems that the static noise that I was getting after playing a video with 7.1 LPCM is also unrelated to the volume mode. It is actually related to "Keep audio device alive" setting. If I have it on "Always" or a specific time, I get static on all DTS and Dolby tracks that I play after the LPCM track. If I leave that setting to "Off", I get no static. So, this static noise problem could be due to different reasons and could be AVR specific. If it matters, I do get this static noise problem on both Onkyo TX-NR929 and TX-NR808.

I posted about a similar issue i had, the problem appeared to be the audio format of one of my videos, if i played it, everything seemed fine, but after i stopped it the audio didn't switch the format back and it kept the same setting for any other video causing static to come up, until i played a video on the stock youtube app (probably other apps changed it too), i don't remember if restarting Kodi helped.

But that was just with one video, it has never happened to me again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by pedromvu - 2015-06-30, 08:16
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9