NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-06-30, 04:18)futrader Wrote:
(2015-06-29, 09:30)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-06-29, 04:59)brendo87 Wrote: Any ideas on why my DTS or AC3 passthough is not working??
I have an emotiva UMC-200 which can handle most formats.

Netflix DD+ passthrough works correctly, however Kodi 15.2 with passthrough enabled, and AC3 + DTS compatible reciever checked.

Once a media file is opened, a Digital Static sound is heard. I have confirmed the file and HDMI port works perfectly on another player.

Basically it sounds like your having the same issue I stated here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2037260

Kodi on Android doesn't like certain AVRs (that probably goes for pre-amps too). Mine does the same thing, but can be worked around by switching the decode mode on the AVR, but that's only a fix until I restart Kodi or the frame rate switches.

The only other work around is to turn off pass-through and let Kodi do the decoding and output multi-channel PCM.

Do we know which receivers don't play well with Android Kodi? I'm running Shield TV through an Onkyo TXNR-616 (2012 model). DD+ and DTS pass through work just fine with Kodi, but after playing a DTS or DTS-MA movie, PCM audio output is broken on both Kodi and Shield TV after stopping the movie. DD+ movies and shows play just fine after playing DTS. I've tired every decode setting on the Onkyo with the same result. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot either the Onkyo or the Shield TV. DTS doesn't have these issues on the Onkyo playing movies on my Roku3 (Emby) or my RasPi (Openelec). Any ideas?

Ok, this is definitely a bug with Kodi. I played a DTS file on SATV using a native player and didn't have issues with PCM audio breaking afterwards. If I upload logs, can someone take a look and see if they can spot anything?

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by futrader - 2015-06-30, 16:04
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9