NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Has anyone tried using a Mele F10 Pro remote/keyboard/air mouse with this? I got my Shield yesterday and plugged the F10 usb dongle into it. For the first few hours the device wouldn't output sound at all EXCEPT DD 5.1 in Netflix or if I plugged earphones into the controller (hadn't set up Kodi yet to test). No sound when going through Onkyo NR609 receiver or from TV speakers when I tested it directly through the TV. When I did set up Kodi and the audio settings, all the sudden all audio worked device-wide. Receiver switched from all-channel stereo(seems like the receiver default when it's not picking up audio source on an input) to multi-channel at that moment. Now it seems to randomly switch back and forth between regular stereo setting and multi-channel.

At that point I was in the middle of trying to think of anything that could possibly affect the audio, so I remembered later than before setting up Kodi I'd unplugged that F10 dongle and was going to see if that did anything or if rebooting it without it plugged in would do anything. I'd set up Kodi before rebooting and forgot about that once audio started working. But then later I went to plug it back in because I needed to use a keyboard and audio disappeared again.

So the F10 Pro kills non-surround audio completely on the device. Why would this happen? Odd that messing with Kodi audio settings got it working anyway initially as well. I don't have another wireless keyboard to test on it to see if that also screws things up. I do need a keyboard and mouse at times when using the Shield and the F10 Pro works well with Kodi as a remote. Used the Android TV app to type and that was all sorts of janky, randomly adding digits to text boxes and trying to auto correct, etc. Right now I'm having to try to switch between I think four controllers/remotes to do all I want to which is comically frustrating. (phone, F10 Pro, Fire TV Stick remote{sucks the menu button for it doesn't work in Kodi on this device like it did on the FTV Stick}, Shield controller.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Fuaffers - 2015-07-02, 15:42
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9