• 77(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-09-30, 17:25)Skank Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 17:16)jjd-uk Wrote: Believe it or not, but a great many of us couldn't give a damn about 3D.

I do believe that.
But some do care about that too, believe it or not
Why leave those behind?

I would say that most people don't watch 3D movies at home. The 3D feature often goes unused, so why spend the money and resources on a feature that the majority of people are not going to use?

3D is seen as just a gimmick at this point, and all it does it add cost to the home user for no real benefit.

Now, once 3D can be achieved without glasses, people might change their mind.
(2015-10-01, 02:32)SilverBlade Wrote: I would say that most people don't watch 3D movies at home. The 3D feature often goes unused, so why spend the money and resources on a feature that the majority of people are not going to use?

Most people probably just use their tv speakers so should they not have "wasted" time adding HD audio passthrough? Let's let NVidia decide what is wasted effort since we have no idea of the effort involved.
(2015-10-01, 02:32)SilverBlade Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 17:16)jjd-uk Wrote: Believe it or not, but a great many of us couldn't give a damn about 3D.

I do believe that.
Why leave those behind?

I would say that most people don't watch 3D movies at home. The 3D feature often goes unused, so why spend the money and resources on a feature that the majority of people are not going to use?

3D is seen as just a gimmick at this point, and all it does it add cost to the home user for no real benefit.

3d without glasses would be great, but not likely to happen on a projector where 3d at home is quite enjoyable for me. So "no benefit" is a matter of opinion.
(2015-10-01, 02:32)SilverBlade Wrote:

I do believe that.
Why leave those behind?

3D in a big screen at home is really an awesome experience with well made 3D movies, you should try some, and even converted movies are getting better recently, so no possible way not considering 3D a real benefit.

I bought in the last 2 years 3 media players considering their 3D specs as some of most important features, I guess I can vote 3 times here Tongue
(2015-10-01, 02:42)cncb Wrote:
(2015-10-01, 02:32)SilverBlade Wrote: I would say that most people don't watch 3D movies at home. The 3D feature often goes unused, so why spend the money and resources on a feature that the majority of people are not going to use?

Most people probably just use their tv speakers so should they not have "wasted" time adding HD audio passthrough? Let's let NVidia decide what is wasted effort since we have no idea of the effort involved.

If you look on the nvidia forums, everyone and their pet was asking for HD audio passthrough and proper 24p playback

Half or less was asking for 3D.
(2015-10-01, 02:42)cncb Wrote:

Good post, exact the same !
Now the shield tv is released in the UK, does anyone know if the "sky go" app works on this device.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
Not sure if this has been properly answered. Is anyone using a Harmony hub together with the box and is it working well?
(2015-10-01, 09:42)Mylo75 Wrote: Now the shield tv is released in the UK, does anyone know if the "sky go" app works on this device.

I've tried sideloading the Sky Go app. Unfortunately it knows it's connected by a HDMI cable and won't let you use it
Anybody in the UK seen where to order from? I can't find it on Amazon. Only place I have found is direct from Nvidia.

Edit: Now I have found it on Amazon, although it's not as prominent as you would expect.

Please feel free to slap me in the face with a wet fish!
Game have it for sale
(2015-10-01, 11:37)Carcharius Wrote: Anybody in the UK seen where to order from? I can't find it on Amazon. Only place I have found is direct from Nvidia.

Edit: Now I have found it on Amazon, although it's not as prominent as you would expect.

Please feel free to slap me in the face with a wet fish!

Can you share a link to amazon shield tv page?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/NVIDIA-Shield-An...+shield+tv

Cant seem to find it anywhere in stock though, If anyone can please link
(2015-10-01, 12:06)Animal Mother Wrote: http://www.amazon.co.uk/NVIDIA-Shield-An...+shield+tv

Cant seem to find it anywhere in stock though, If anyone can please link

Thank you. I have ordered it straight from nvidia. I hope that they will deliver it quickly.
Game.co.UK showed stock earlier now it's pre order
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9