NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-10-23, 08:02)ChicagoCoin Wrote: I'm new to this so excuse me, tried some searches but results were mixed.
I think I will purchase the Shield to replace 2 Mediasonic Homeworx converters with usb, purchased in the last year, discovered Kodi again after xbmc years ago and my head is spinning.Huh

My questions are mostly about displays, I have 3 tv's, my main Sony smart tv in the living room, another Samsung tv in the living room, dumb (no wifi or ethernet) and another dumb Sony tv in the bedroom, both of the dumb tv's have hdmi.
I have a Kinovo HS420 hdmi matrix, wondering if you think I could watch Kodi on the dumb tv's via hdmi?

I've read reviews about a possible solution for multiple displays with HDHomeRun but my other 2 tv's don't have ethernet or wifi and I don't care about phones or tablets.
If you believe the hdmi matrix would work, the Samsung is very close to me, the bedroom Sony (hdmi) would need a 25 foot cord.
(have an Onkyo receiver, harmony remote, and a rca universal remote in the bedroom)

One last question, I also have a Astro MixAmp connected to a Optical digital Matrix and Sennheiser headphones, just wondering if these will function with the Shield?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I'm by no means an expert on this, but I think you would want a Kodi device for each TV. If cost is a concern, the Raspberry Pi's are pretty inexpensive. You could certainly do it via HDMI switching and such, but you would only be able to have one playback at a time (every TV watching the same thing).

HDHomeRun's are for live TV only I believe, so they'll put your antenna signal on your Ethernet network for other computers in your house to view.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by jsteinm1 - 2015-10-23, 20:46
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9