NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-10-28, 23:18)frenshprince Wrote: I don't really agree about the "what you can say about comparison pics" thing.
If you follow a very strict procedure, and know what you do, results are pertinent.
Of course, you have to check if th pics show what your eyes see.
And that's the case here.

But I don't care to convince anyone.
You're free to think what you want. i havé nothing to sell Smile
I'm just interested in Kodi Team thoughts about this.

Fine by me if you don't agree, im not a certificated calibrated or a expert in the area, but since i bought some nice projector and TV, it though it would be nice to maximize the display performance in quality and calibrate my own screens with Colimeter and the chromapure software.

I few years ago i made 2 simple calibration tutorials (in portuguese language ) but you can use some browser translation to english it would be comprehensive the most part.
chromapure tutorial
Hcfr tutorial

Regarding our sources i recommend you to read this post from ConnectTEDDD in avsforums discussion about sources output and some other issues in performing calibration

Quote:The difference is obviously present @ Gamma/RGB Balance graphs and visually by looking the reference pictures. So when you using a external pattern generator of any price range (it doesn't matter if you use a $20.000 or a $500 pattern generator) you will never be able to see these Gamma/RGB Balance differences.

These are some examples of Consumer Blu-Ray Players that tested using Quantum Data HDMI Analyser:

As you see , all players are changing the signal at their output..making pointless to use an external pattern generator where it doesn't see these errors.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by couto27 - 2015-10-29, 00:44
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9