NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Set mine up last night to replace my aged Revo r3610 running XBMC Frodo

The Revo was perfect bar being underpowered for some higher bit rate material hence time for upgrade

I'm pleased that the Shield played the more demanding files smoothly but I now have a problem with aspect ratio:

Firstly I made sure that my TV settings were OK - so my Samsung TV is set to 'fill screen' in its picture settings and this fits the Kodi menu pixel perfect as proven in its calibration screen which indicates no adjustments needed.

So whilst the main interface is fine, some files which play full screen on the Revo (as they should) now have one of the two following problems:

1) There are small black bars top and bottom (they're narrow but enough to make the picture look slightly squashed)

or

2) The picture is a small box central in the screen with thick black bars around all 4 sides?!

The same files also play fine on my laptop.

Within the Kodi OSD I've tried changing between the aspect ratios which cures the problem for one but then causes a problem for the next. My Revo set-up didn't need me to tweak from file to file as they all played as they should.

Any clues guys?

EDIT: Decided to uninstall Kodi then reinstall - found the advance settings that let you turn off acceleration - problem appears to be solved (touch wood)

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Rusky_G - 2015-12-01, 18:24
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9