NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-12-10, 20:55)dropzone7 Wrote: As for HD audio, I am willing to wait until that happens because I still feel like the Shield is a powerful piece of hardware. I did not buy it for gaming however. I bought it for Kodi and yes, it is my own dam fault for not knowing how Kodi operates in Android. I love Kodi on my Chromebox running Openelec and I was just so used to all of those features that I assumed with the Shield being a superior piece of hardware that it would be at least equal or better in running Kodi. I know now that this an Android limitation. I appreciate the Kodi community and I will be patient and see how it pans out on the Shield.

And if people would just read the wiki for the Shield they would see what the limitations are.

As well, it's not a Android limitation with the SATV since it is capable of HD audio pass-through, it's a limitation of Kodi at this point. This is something new for Android and it takes time to get these things working in apps, but it is in the pipeline and will be available in future versions of Kodi.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Tinwarble - 2015-12-11, 01:21
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9