NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-12-30, 07:44)abpostelnicu Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 23:01)e3henri Wrote: I have my shield connected to a ReadyNas through a samba share. When my NAS discs spin down it seems that KODI will timeout if I try to start a movie. If I try again the movie starts fine.
I have found several potential parameters in the advancedsettings.xml, but I dont know which one to adjust to fix this.

<playlisttimeout>20</playlisttimeout>

or

<samba>
<doscodepage></doscodepage> <!-- code page to use for filenames -->
<clienttimeout>10</clienttimeout> <!-- timeout (in seconds) -->

or something else?

First it's a good practice to avoid using samba you shod use nfs. Samba has a very poor implementation on linux side and it should be used only on linu to windows or windows to windows, on linux to linux you definetly use nfs it's kernel implemented and with kodi you can also use watchdog, it's a plugin that updates the library when you add or delete a new item from the disk.

I have never had a problem with serving files linux to linux using samba. Yes nfs might have a slight advantage performance wise, but really at the bitrates we are talking about in a media environment it is not going to be a problem.

As for samba being a poor implementation of smb/cifs, I dare you to go on the samba mailing list and try that line...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9