NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-01-13, 17:06)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hi,

Can anyone advise me on how I can transfer files to the NVIDIA Shield remotely?

Normally I've always used ES FIle Explorer on my Android devices but the SHIELD, for some reason, has never worked. The only time it ever seems to work with ES File Explorer is when the SHIELD is connected via wifi but that no longer seems to work either. :/

Is there a firewall or something on the device that is preventing a connection being established with the SHIELD for file transfer? I tried an alternative, stand-alone FTP app but that didn't seem to work either when I tried it a few weeks back so I'm led to think that it is the device that is the problem. This has been bugging me for some time as I can't quickly modify Kodi skin files for testing purposes.

Would really appreciate any help or advice and would be great to hear if others are experiencing similar issues.

Thanks Wink

I am going to guess it may have something to do with root access being disabled. You may have to turn on the developers options, although I am not sure if that gives you root access either.

For the record, I have never been able to remote into an android device, fire tv or shield. Then again I have not tried real hard to do it either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by ozkhan1 - 2016-01-13, 19:59
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9