• 176(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
I've gone ahead and purchased an Nvidia Shield 16GB. It's now setup connected to Yamaha RX673 Amp and LG lg 49uf850v 4K 3D TV. I've installed the SPMC app and added sources for Movies / TV etc linking to an unraid server. I've only ran some initial test but everything plays great, 4K X265 files with DTS-HD play without issues and the amp is showing the DTS-HD coming through. The 3D seemed to work ok although I haven't properly tested this, just stuck a 3D movie on and hit the 3D setting on the TV, but seemed to work.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to have SPMC auto launch when I start the Shield up so I can control with the iPad rather than having to get the joypad to initially get onto SPMC?

I saw this but not sure how you would do this on the Shield:

To do so, create a file name xbmc_env.properties (if not existing) in the root of your external storage (normally, "/sdcard"). Add:

xbmc.autostart=yes
Glad to hear that there are some members having the more or less the same setup as i do.
You could try using the app "XBMC Launcher" from google play store. Haven't tried it on my on but it sounds like i would exacty fit your needs.

Btw: Why not using HDMI-CEC to start SPMC?

Which video settings are you running on SPMC? I'm still having some issues with microstuttering on 25fps tv-shows....
(2016-04-29, 13:40)tredsaw Wrote: I've gone ahead and purchased an Nvidia Shield 16GB. It's now setup connected to Yamaha RX673 Amp and LG lg 49uf850v 4K 3D TV. I've installed the SPMC app and added sources for Movies / TV etc linking to an unraid server. I've only ran some initial test but everything plays great, 4K X265 files with DTS-HD play without issues and the amp is showing the DTS-HD coming through. The 3D seemed to work ok although I haven't properly tested this, just stuck a 3D movie on and hit the 3D setting on the TV, but seemed to work.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to have SPMC auto launch when I start the Shield up so I can control with the iPad rather than having to get the joypad to initially get onto SPMC?

To do so, create a file name xbmc_env.properties (if not existing) in the root of your external storage (normally, "/sdcard"). Add:

xbmc.autostart=yes
Google have just released the smartphone remote control app for android tv devices on ios/itunes ...you could use that
(2016-04-29, 13:40)tredsaw Wrote: I'm just wondering if there is a way to have SPMC auto launch when I start the Shield up so I can control with the iPad rather than having to get the joypad to initially get onto SPMC?

Install X-Plore file manager - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lore&hl=en
Use it navigate to where you have stored the "xbmc_env.properties" file, and copy it to the root location on the Shield, this will show as "Internal Storoge" and below that "/sdcard".
If you're unsure of the file, you can download the one I created from here - https://mega.nz/#!UZpT1BBK!dTMtOAUGWNgcN...v0G2oX_QeQ
Save it to a USB drive, Micro SD card, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.. these can all be accessed by X-Plore to copy to the root directory.
Thanks for the suggestions all much appreciated.

"Why not using HDMI-CEC to start SPMC?" not too sure what you mean by that?

As for Video settings, I'll let you know when I get home but I didn't play about with them much tbh, the main things I changed were audio related.

As for the app suggestion - I am all IOS (phones / tablets) so will have to see if this is available.

Thanks Hipho!
HDMI CEC lets you control your Shield-Device with your TV-Remote. For me, i only use my TV-Remote for Shield with Kodi.
Works fine for me.
Does anybody use the nvidia shield with a HD homerun tuner in KODI? Can the shield give good picture quality with interlaced content? Best regards, Simon, the Netherlands
(2016-04-29, 16:50)simon1980 Wrote: Does anybody use the nvidia shield with a HD homerun tuner in KODI? Can the shield give good picture quality with interlaced content? Best regards, Simon, the Netherlands

You can search threads. Pretty easy eh?

http://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=r...be7af8739a
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-04-29, 19:12)dukester Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 16:50)simon1980 Wrote: Does anybody use the nvidia shield with a HD homerun tuner in KODI? Can the shield give good picture quality with interlaced content? Best regards, Simon, the Netherlands

You can search threads. Pretty easy eh?

http://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=r...be7af8739a

WITCHCRAFT!!!!!
I'm having problems with my wifi disconnecting and also wifi direct stops working (controller and Amazon remote won't work). I'm restarting my Shield TV about twice a day now to resolve these, pretty much anytime after it sits idle for a while. Does anyone else have an issue like this? I'm on the latest 3.1 update.
(2016-05-03, 18:24)jsteinm1 Wrote: I'm having problems with my wifi disconnecting and also wifi direct stops working (controller and Amazon remote won't work). I'm restarting my Shield TV about twice a day now to resolve these, pretty much anytime after it sits idle for a while. Does anyone else have an issue like this? I'm on the latest 3.1 update.

Knock on wood, my Shield has been rock solid with only 3 reboots over 3 months and 2 of those were due to my fat fingers while in KODI.
Any progress forthe kodi team in the hunting after Android developers?

It would be a major loss if they drop Android support!!!!!

Luckely we've got The Plex Team
(2016-05-05, 23:02)h3nk3t Wrote: Any progress forthe kodi team in the hunting after Android developers?

It would be a major loss if they drop Android support!!!!!

Luckely we've got The Plex Team
The Android developer in question is still doing his own fork called SPMC.

Sent from my XT1095
Hello guys, I have a question. I have the Kodi 16.1 RC2 version, which supports DTS-HD as well as Dolby Atmos. The only thing is that it is not entirely stable.

I tried looking for Kodi 17 but I find only nightly builds. And the original Kodi 16 on Google Play does not support DTS-HD and/or Dolby Atmos (TrueHD). Does anyone know if there is a more stable version (more stable than 16.1 RC2) of Kodi which does support both DTS-HD as well as Dolby Atmos (TrueHD)?

I, offcourse, use the Nvidia Shield Android Tv (NSAT). I use it in combination with my Pioneer VSX-1130K receiver and Samsung UHD UE48JU7000 tv

Thanks,

MiracleTostie
(2016-05-09, 22:19)MiracleTostie Wrote: Hello guys, I have a question. I have the Kodi 16.1 RC2 version, which supports DTS-HD as well as Dolby Atmos. The only thing is that it is not entirely stable.

I tried looking for Kodi 17 but I find only nightly builds. And the original Kodi 16 on Google Play does not support DTS-HD and/or Dolby Atmos (TrueHD). Does anyone know if there is a more stable version (more stable than 16.1 RC2) of Kodi which does support both DTS-HD as well as Dolby Atmos (TrueHD)?

I, offcourse, use the Nvidia Shield Android Tv (NSAT). I use it in combination with my Pioneer VSX-1130K receiver and Samsung UHD UE48JU7000 tv

Thanks,

MiracleTostie

Tried SPMC?
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9