NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
I don't have your problem, but I think that the Passports may be buggy with the Shield. My issue is that mine will not power off when I power down the shield consistantly. Every second or third time I have to restart the shield and power down again in order to shut off the Passport.

(2016-07-02, 16:59)dickalan Wrote: tl;dr Problem: HDD Unmounts, loses Kodi library

Hello, I was wondering if anybody has dealt with this issue and has had a solution. Obviously I'm using the Nvidia Shield Android TV and I have this external hard drive (Western Digital MyPassport https://www.amazon.com/Model-Passport-Po...mypassport). The HDD unmounts itself quiet often. For example after I watch a movie in the evening I'll go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning none of my movies can play. All movies from my Kodi library won't play because the HDD keeps unmounting or something. I can't really figure out what's going on.

I have to either a) reboot the Shield or b) fully eject the HDD in Nvidia's settings and then physically remove the HDD from the shield and plug it back in.

Has anybody else had issues with this? It's pretty annoying? Do I need to be using a powered external HDD?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by dellwas - 2016-07-02, 19:33
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9