NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-09-09, 21:48)tredman Wrote: If would have been a great upgrade - I bought two to replace my fire TVs, for a while it was great.... However then nvidia broke deinterlacing in the latest 3.2 firmware update. Other than one throwaway comment since they have done nothing about it. It's really poor support and really poor testing. Either way definitely do not get one for Live TV

I'm not sure about what "throw away comment" you're referring too, but Nvidia has stated that this will be fixed in the next update, something that they are actively working on, not to mention that it only effects 25/50Hz interlaced content. And if having more updates than nearly any other device manufacture as well as adding 80-90% of requested features is poor support, then I'm not sure what you'd think good support is. Not answering every question that users has, especially in a user forum, or not saying when an update is going to be released does not equal bad support.

If live tv is the most important thing to you then you can roll back to 3.1 and wait for the new update.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Tinwarble - 2016-09-09, 23:05
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9