NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-09-10, 20:17)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 13:04)tredman Wrote: I supplied feedback on the day 3.2 was released, not heard a sausage since. Also the geforce forum thread on this, where people have been in general very patient has had no response. Only comment I have seen if from yourself, quoting someone else.

I get you like the Sheild, as do I, but you are coming accross a tad obsessed, not sure if you have a vested interest, but if you do you should declare it.

In this case the question was is the Sheild suitable for interlaced live tv content - the answer is emphatically no.

And just how does anything that I said come off as "obsessed"?

Obsession is when you focus on one issue, whether it's good or bad, and you can't see anything other than that issue. Yes I like the SATV, but I'm also not blind to it's problems nor am I delusional enough to expect that there won't be bugs, since every device either has or will have a bug or 2. If I wanted something that would never have a bug I would buy some cedar shavings.

And just because you have filed feedback about an issue and haven't heard back from them doesn't mean that they aren't listening or that they aren't going to fix the issue. Just because you have an issue, or even if the issue affects every user, they are not going to hold your hand and give a play by play on what they are doing to fix it. As I've already said, they have acknowledge the issue and have stated that they are going to have a fix for it. Besides giving you an exact date as to when the fix will be released, which isn't going to happen, what else do you expect them to do?

If the only comment that you've seen in the GeForce forums has been by me, then you aren't looking hard enough.

From the Deinterlacing issue thread:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...8/#4934498

From the 3.2 update thread:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...0/#4963310
If there is a critical bug (which, imo, for a TV box this is) then either a patch should be issued asap (especially since they said they found the issue weeks ago) or an official roll back option should be released.

To go back to the original question, and which cannot be disputed, this is currently NOT a good option for a box to view live tv.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by tredman - 2016-09-11, 19:09
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9