• 206(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
I was in the beta and not the only one that reported this specific(rgb/ycbcr) issue on the preview forum and through the feedback option on the shield. It didn't even elicit a response. I did get one after the release, which is at least publically available now. I see this as a small victory at least.

I really hope they give this more priority from now on, but it will be months of waiting before we can confirm that.
I'm having issues with navigating Kodi 17 with the shield controller, there is no option for the context menu. Sorta messes the whole thing up. I did download keymap editor, but most of the edits don't work, or messes up other buttons when I change one key. What did other people do to solve this?
(2016-10-30, 20:18)Simonvinder Wrote: I'm having issues with navigating Kodi 17 with the shield controller, there is no option for the context menu. Sorta messes the whole thing up. I did download keymap editor, but most of the edits don't work, or messes up other buttons when I change one key. What did other people do to solve this?
Not sure if this helps but have you tried the new Krypton Beta 5 which does address the Shield TV controller.

• Fix controller on NVIDIA Shield TV not working after it when to sleep
(2016-10-30, 20:28)mjbxx Wrote:
(2016-10-30, 20:18)Simonvinder Wrote: I'm having issues with navigating Kodi 17 with the shield controller, there is no option for the context menu. Sorta messes the whole thing up. I did download keymap editor, but most of the edits don't work, or messes up other buttons when I change one key. What did other people do to solve this?
Not sure if this helps but have you tried the new Krypton Beta 5 which does address the Shield TV controller.

• Fix controller on NVIDIA Shield TV not working after it when to sleep

Thanks, but the controller itself works as it should. The key mapping is all wrong, I'm running Beta 5. Can't get into the context menu for example. And Keymap editor is messing it up even further.
(2016-10-30, 20:35)Simonvinder Wrote: Thanks, but the controller itself works as it should. The key mapping is all wrong, I'm running Beta 5. Can't get into the context menu for example. And Keymap editor is messing it up even further.

Long press "A" pulls up the context menu.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-10-30, 20:57)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2016-10-30, 20:35)Simonvinder Wrote: Thanks, but the controller itself works as it should. The key mapping is all wrong, I'm running Beta 5. Can't get into the context menu for example. And Keymap editor is messing it up even further.

Long press "A" pulls up the context menu.

Well don't I feel silly now. Thanks for coming to the rescue Tin!
(2016-10-29, 06:00)Matalo Wrote: A lot of us are quite unhappy. Unfortunately not a large enough number to have it matter.

This is my best attempt to summarize the issues:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...3/#5006793

Quite honestly people really should be forewarned about them.

The problem is, most users do not care about "issues" like this. Most can't even visually see the difference or notice anything is amiss. That is the reason it isn't high priority.
(2016-11-02, 17:26)xbmc17 Wrote:
(2016-10-29, 06:00)Matalo Wrote: A lot of us are quite unhappy. Unfortunately not a large enough number to have it matter.

The problem is, most users do not care about "issues" like this. Most can't even visually see the difference or notice anything is amiss. That is the reason it isn't high priority.

I am aware of this, and ignorance is bliss.

However, and this might just be me, but a lot of coworkers and friends tend to come to me for advice when purchasing certain items, like the shield. I have turned away at least 20 people since I bought the shield for those wanting to use it as a mediaplayer depending on their setup and needs. 20 sales probably doesn't change much, but it's still a shame.
(2016-11-02, 19:58)Matalo Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 17:26)xbmc17 Wrote:

I am aware of this, and ignorance is bliss.

However, and this might just be me, but a lot of coworkers and friends tend to come to me for advice when purchasing certain items, like the shield. I have turned away at least 20 people since I bought the shield for those wanting to use it as a mediaplayer depending on their setup and needs. 20 sales probably doesn't change much, but it's still a shame.

And I have done the opposite and recommend it to everyone because I know they will never, ever see these issues. They will never even notice they exist. The fact is, the Shield is the best Android TV device BY FAR and still has the best support in the industry. Try buying something else and see what you get (Nougat will never see daylight with the majority of these other devices).
(2016-11-02, 21:18)xbmc17 Wrote: I know they will never, ever see these issues. They will never even notice they exist.

No one notices that PCM audio output produces a silent LFE channel?

That's a pretty big issue if you ask me.
Some have noticed, from the START HERE thread, Post #2
NOTE: (for the Newbs) this does not affect 5.1/7.1 Passthrough Audio.

The AMLogic S905 LibreELEC devs have been on to it: Wink
https://github.com/LibreELEC/linux-amlogic/pull/17

Netflix app- How to press a watch status/info bar- quality and sound Ps4- press options. Nvidia Shield- ??

Image[/align]
If you have a keyboard plugged: CTRL + F4 or if you have this remote, with the yellow key.

This is what the info looks like:

I have a Melee F10 lite
The remote I linked sends the Ctr+Alt+F4 keys combination when you press the yellow key (that's how I discovered by pure luck the Netflix info) so, if you can't press Ctrl+F4 with your Melee remote, there is nothing you can do.
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9