NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-12-21, 04:21)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-12-20, 03:51)herhelman Wrote: I have an ONKYO HTX-22hdx receiver with built in subwoofer, it decode dts hd, and D true hd without problem with wdtv, wetek hub and eweat realtek 1195 android box.
it´s hdmi 1.4.... it´s that a problem?
thanks!!
First of all, congrats on your new baby!

I am about to ruin your joyous days and I apologize for that. You will not be able to get HD audio passthrough with your Onkyo HTX-22HDX. nVIDIA Shield has compatibility issues with certain AVRs and this is one of them. This issue was reported by some users on nVIDIA forum.

nVIDIA Shield and Onkyo HTX-22HDX HD Audio Passthrough

The only resolution for this problem is a new receiver. Don't even think of getting a Samsung HW-K950, that one also has the same HD audio passthrough problem.

Edit: If you are prepared to wait for a couple of months you may not have to get a new receiver. You will have to wait for Google to fix IEC 60958/61937 passthrough for HBR audio and then nVIDIA will have to incorporate those fixes in one of their Shield updates.

LOL, no , you don´t ruined my happiness , au contraire, Now I´m aware of this issue.
thanks for your salutation for the baby...not easy, is the third one!....6 years ago I could easily spend nights and nights almost no sleeping to find a solution or burn the receiver deep inside the 3rd night without sleep!
I was thinking about change the receiver, so, change will come faster....
I have an Onkyo 636 receiver also in my HT room ( ready to be out of business to accommodate one more children) so i will test Shield on HT, now is hooked onto living room TV.
I will post tomorrow if passthrough works on 636

thanks for the advice !!
Hernán

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by herhelman - 2016-12-21, 06:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9