NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-01-07, 06:09)Tinwarble Wrote: It's been asked many times now, but I'll ask again. Why is it a let down? What do you think new hardware would bring to the table that can't already be done with the current hardware?
It doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot for media player purposes, but a new pascal Tegra would use less power and clock almost twice as high, leading to dramatically improved 3D gaming performance. Or it could be clocked at the same speed to offer the same performance with silent passive cooling.

I would also like to see an IR blaster integrated into the housing of the device, rather than the remote.

And finally as many people have pointed out, selling essentially identical hardware two years later without dropping the price is a real bummer. And no, including the remote doesn't count as dropping the price, it's just a more attractive product at the same price. I would be much more interested in a $150 ShieldTV with the remote but no gamepad. Even at $150 it would still be a premium product, priced the same as the AppleTV and a full 50% higher than the FireTV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by rodalpho - 2017-01-08, 00:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9