• 29(current)
Trakt.tv v3
(2015-06-03, 10:44)Razze Wrote: ....

Which Trakt addon should I use: your official or beta from tknorris repo?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-06-03, 16:18)marhutchy Wrote:

You should use the official, the beta is a beta for a reason. There might be horrible errors.
When you switch back to the official, you will encounter your problem again, as we're still waiting for translations to push a new release.
(2015-06-03, 10:44)Razze Wrote: Well according to this http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Apple_TV_2
You could install 14.2?

Otherwise you could try to edit all the dependencies to work with your version, but there is no gurantee it will work and you will need to know what your doing. So you might first want to start reading on kodi development.

It's true, you can install Kodi on ATV2, but it's not the best. I should clarify, I've actually got 2 ATV2s, one running 4.4.4 which works pretty good on kodi. It reboots once a week, no biggie. The other one is on a newer f/w (5.x) and it reboots every hour. So, I went back to Frodo on that ATV2. Would love to be able to sync it with my other machines. Yeah, maybe I just move it to a different TV and only watch certain things on it vs my other ones. I'll figure out a solution. Thanks for your reply Razze! Appreciate what you do and love Trakt on my other 3 boxes!

Cheers,
(2015-06-03, 11:54)jmh2002 Wrote: Yeah, Helix 14.2 works all ok on the ATV2, in fact better than 13.2. Trakt.tv v3 works too of course.
I updated to iOS 5.3 and installed 14.2 with season pass/atv flash (black).

The only issue is that the atv2 still (and has never) been able to play 720/1080p via Kodi. But its still far from 'useless'.

Seriously? I have 2 ATV2s, the one on 4.4.4 works okay, the other on 5.3 it kicks me back to the main screen about every hr. It's terrible. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times trying to fix the issue. I find it got worse the more addons I had. I'm really surprised to hear you not having any issues to be honest.
Yes seriously. When you say "it kicks me back to the main screen about every hr" - do you mean by itself, when its not being used, because that seems odd? Maybe as you mentioned its to do with the number and/or type of addons that you have installed?

In any case you can probably get more support for these problems in the iOS threads.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-06-03, 16:45)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes seriously. When you say "it kicks me back to the main screen about every hr" - do you mean by itself, when its not being used, because that seems odd? Maybe as you mentioned its to do with the number and/or type of addons that you have installed?

Typically, if I leave it in Kodi overnight, then the next day I turn on the tv it'll still be in kodi, but as soon as I hit play on something, it might last 10sec then kicks me out to the ATV main screen. If I go back in to kodi it'll just do it again. I have to do a manual reboot, then I can get back in to Kodi and play 1-3 shows before it kicks me again. May I ask your setup? What Skin are you using? Thanks for the suggestion, I'll go check those out. I have before, but people just say ATV2 can't really handle the advancements anymore, that's why 14.2 will be the last supported version.
You cant discuss that addon here - edit your posts to remove it so that the Trakt thread doesnt get locked.

Regarding your other questions for atv2 setup, I will reply by PM to not hijack this thread further Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Just a quick tip, activate the logfile and try to pinpoint the time when this happens. Then post the logfile with the relevant time to this forum, for starters.
2 x PM sent.
(2015-06-03, 16:27)Razze Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 16:18)marhutchy Wrote:

You should use the official, the beta is a beta for a reason. There might be horrible errors.
When you switch back to the official, you will encounter your problem again, as we're still waiting for translations to push a new release.

Risks!
I'll be using the beta until the official has been updated with the fix.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-06-04, 00:31)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 16:27)Razze Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 16:18)marhutchy Wrote: Which Trakt addon should I use: your official or beta from tknorris repo?

Risks!

Does it support tagging movies/episodes to watchlist/custom lists?
I really want that feature, it's unfortunate the feature is removed/disabled for 3.0.x releases.
(2015-06-08, 10:14)LeoS Wrote:
(2015-06-04, 00:31)marhutchy Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 16:27)Razze Wrote: You should use the official, the beta is a beta for a reason. There might be horrible errors.

Risks!

Does it support tagging movies/episodes to watchlist/custom lists?
I really want that feature, it's unfortunate the feature is removed/disabled for 3.0.x releases.

I haven't seen that feature.
Kodi 18.3
Thanks for a great add-on!

Kodi -> Trakt "marked as unwatched" sync does not seem to be functional for me - is that expected?

I.e. - mark an item as unwatched in Kodi / perform Library update / item gets marked as watched again.
(2015-06-10, 18:21)jackmeehan Wrote: Thanks for a great add-on!

Kodi -> Trakt "marked as unwatched" sync does not seem to be functional for me - is that expected?

I.e. - mark an item as unwatched in Kodi / perform Library update / item gets marked as watched again.

That is because Trakt has it marked as watched on the website. If you want to mark it as unwatched, it is a 2 step process. First mark is as unwatched in Kodi and before Kodi performs a library update, go to the Trakt website and mark is as unwatched in there. It will then stay as unwatched.
(2015-06-10, 19:26)RavRob Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 18:21)jackmeehan Wrote: Thanks for a great add-on!

That is because Trakt has it marked as watched on the website. If you want to mark it as unwatched, it is a 2 step process. First mark is as unwatched in Kodi and before Kodi performs a library update, go to the Trakt website and mark is as unwatched in there. It will then stay as unwatched.

I think having the option to mark as unwatched in trakt from kodi (context menu?) would be great.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35