• 42(current)
Trakt.tv v3
(2015-08-16, 05:30)levi.baker88 Wrote: Interesting issue:

Back story - Had Trakt.tv 3.0.3 installed and working on my main PC (have trakt.tv working on a few other devices also). Decided to stuff around with iTunes and Kodi and completely lunched Kodi. So I completely uninstalled Kodi, computer restart etc., install Kodi (Win32 12 Aug nightly build), download trakt addon from your github, try to install from zip (as it is no longer searchable within Kodi) and get the below error message.

"dependency on script 2.4.2 not satisfied"

I tried both installation methods on your github (or to the best of my abilities as the file paths mentioned have changed slightly from XBMC to Kodi).

Would you like a debug log?

Haven't taken a look, but you need all dependencies. Use the repo or install them manually. You can find them in the addons.xml
(2015-08-16, 10:15)Razze Wrote:

Back story - Had Trakt.tv 3.0.3 installed and working on my main PC (have trakt.tv working on a few other devices also). Decided to stuff around with iTunes and Kodi and completely lunched Kodi. So I completely uninstalled Kodi, computer restart etc., install Kodi (Win32 12 Aug nightly build), download trakt addon from your github, try to install from zip (as it is no longer searchable within Kodi) and get the below error message.

I tried both installation methods on your github (or to the best of my abilities as the file paths mentioned have changed slightly from XBMC to Kodi).

Haven't taken a look, but you need all dependencies. Use the repo or install them manually. You can find them in the addons.xml

Went back and installed 16 Alpha 1 (monthly snapshot) and the trakt.tv zip install worked first go. So something has broken within Kodi between Alpha 1 and 2, not that it is too much of your concern. Can you build the dependencies required into the addon?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
(2015-08-16, 14:16)levi.baker88 Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 10:15)Razze Wrote:

Went back and installed 16 Alpha 1 (monthly snapshot) and the trakt.tv zip install worked first go. So something has broken within Kodi between Alpha 1 and 2, not that it is too much of your concern. Can you build the dependencies required into the addon?

That would be a bad design choice because of various things.
And also the only people that benefit from it should be devs, because all other should install from the repo.
(2015-08-16, 14:46)Razze Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 14:16)levi.baker88 Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 10:15)Razze Wrote: Haven't taken a look, but you need all dependencies. Use the repo or install them manually. You can find them in the addons.xml

That would be a bad design choice because of various things.
And also the only people that benefit from it should be devs, because all other should install from the repo.

if you install nightly builds things might break. If you can't handle breakage you should not install them!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's the reason I Have Kodi on my PC, so I can stuff around with bits and pieces.

I thought it would be nice to inform the addon creator incase it wasn't a breakage and a direction that alpha 2 was going.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Hi all, i've searched around and not finding any info. I have a fresh install of Kodi on Openelec and a single install of the Trakt add-on from the official kodi repo. i've started a new account on Trakt (so no records exist), and when i do my first sync it ends up inserting 3 records for every movie in my collectiion. i've deletd my account and started anew and every time i end up with 3 movies for every one in my collection.

i can post a log file, but i was just hoping there's some known issue i can look into first. thanks for your help
(2015-08-17, 19:55)Dekles1 Wrote: Hi all, i've searched around and not finding any info. I have a fresh install of Kodi on Openelec and a single install of the Trakt add-on from the official kodi repo. i've started a new account on Trakt (so no records exist), and when i do my first sync it ends up inserting 3 records for every movie in my collectiion. i've deletd my account and started anew and every time i end up with 3 movies for every one in my collection.

i can post a log file, but i was just hoping there's some known issue i can look into first. thanks for your help

There is no known problem, you might want to try deleting your trakt addon user data from the kodi folder.
(2015-08-13, 22:48)Razze Wrote: Unwatched should be possible, but I'm not seeing me doing it. It will also introduce other problems, like which side wins in a conflict of flags, does trakt have the true value or does kodi have it etc.
Is there a timestamp that could be used to determine which side has the most recent update?
(2015-08-18, 12:22)freddan101 Wrote:
(2015-08-13, 22:48)Razze Wrote: Unwatched should be possible, but I'm not seeing me doing it. It will also introduce other problems, like which side wins in a conflict of flags, does trakt have the true value or does kodi have it etc.
Is there a timestamp that could be used to determine which side has the most recent update?

Not that I remember from the top of my head.

Even if there was, this wouldn't always be correct.
I'm using this addon together with the Next Up addon (228435 (thread)). If I let Next Up start the next episode, only the last episode I watch is synced to trakt.

Example:

If I watch three episodes in a row, let's say S01E01, S01E02 and S01E03 and the stop playback. Only S01E03 gets synced to trakt, it doesn't sync the watched status of the first and second episodes (unless I start a complete sync manually).

Is there a fix for this?

Edit: I'm running Windows 7 x64 and Kodi 15.1
(2015-07-29, 16:54)mbuhler Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 14:25)onlyyou Wrote: Hi,
Is there a way to sync Trakt list(s) and Kodi ?
Well, a way to see inside Kodi my Trakt watchlist
Many thanks
Great add on
You need to find another addon that you can connect to your trakt.tv account to view your watchlist. I use the Genesis addon. You need to add your trakt login info under accounts. Then you can see your Trakt watchlist and collection under Genesis-->My Genesis-->Trakt Watchlist. Last I checked Istream also connects to Trakt as well.

i've tested this solution, many thanks mbuhler.
But this way, i can only stream movies or tv. I already have them locally and liked to play them locally.
Many thanks
(2015-08-18, 19:24)Zebbe152 Wrote: I'm using this addon together with the Next Up addon (228435 (thread)). If I let Next Up start the next episode, only the last episode I watch is synced to trakt.

Example:

If I watch three episodes in a row, let's say S01E01, S01E02 and S01E03 and the stop playback. Only S01E03 gets synced to trakt, it doesn't sync the watched status of the first and second episodes (unless I start a complete sync manually).

Is there a fix for this?

System > Settings > Video > Playback > Play next video automatically, will remove the need for the next up addon whilst providing the same functionality and will sync all episodes watched with trakt.tv.
(2015-08-19, 22:08)levi.baker88 Wrote:
(2015-08-18, 19:24)Zebbe152 Wrote: I'm using this addon together with the Next Up addon (228435 (thread)). If I let Next Up start the next episode, only the last episode I watch is synced to trakt.

Example:

Is there a fix for this?

System > Settings > Video > Playback > Play next video automatically, will remove the need for the next up addon whilst providing the same functionality and will sync all episodes watched with trakt.tv.

Next Up offers a bit more than just starting the next episode.

It gives me the option to choose if I want to play the next episode or not. It also stops playback after x amount of episodes, which is good if I would fall asleep. Besides those things it's included as a dependency in the skin I'm using (Aeon MQ6).

So if there's a way to get both add-ons to work together that would be best. Smile
I noticed this also,
Wonder why with the add-on there's a issue with trakt and when you use the build in function it works with trakt.
Would be nice if trakt would also work with this add-on.
My wife kinda likes it and disliked the build in option.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Well, this came up a long time ago http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2023614
Will need fixing in nextup (I started a fork some where along the lines), but it started working on their own for me a month ago and it still is. (I'm still on helix - waiting for a new openELEC)
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35