Helix read-only access to Frodo-built MySQL database
I have Frodo and MySQL running on my server. It's been working fine and never had any reason to upgrade (as far as the library is concerned). Over the weekend, I actually tried recreating the database using Helix, but had some issues (freezing, not scraping everything). So I decided to revert back to Frodo (and those issues were gone).

I have a client in another room that's been running Frodo. As far as the library is concerned, that client only reads from the database. I do not use the client at all to update the library. I do not set it to automatically update the library on start. In fact, it does not have any sources.

Would there be any adverse effects to upgrading my Frodo client to Helix (or whatever later versions come out)? It should not be modifying my MySQL database, right? I don't know what library features are present in Helix that are not in Frodo, if any, but the library features provided in Frodo have been sufficient, and I would like those to continue working in Helix. (The reason for upgrading the client is to use some Helix-compatible add-ons.)

I actually already upgraded the client to Helix and copied the advancedsettings.xml. At first glance, it seems to be working fine, but I don't know if there are any behind-the-scenes stuff going on. I was hoping the more experienced of you could offer any insight.
Helix uses a newer database version. This means that it will create a new video (and music) database on the server and import the data from the previous version into it. This would effectively mean your two machines will be using different databases.

This always happens between major versions. And on rare occasions on minor versions too, if a change in the database structure is needed.
(2015-03-09, 23:04)kno1 Wrote: Helix uses a newer database version. This means that it will create a new video (and music) database on the server and import the data from the previous version into it. This would effectively mean your two machines will be using different databases.

This always happens between major versions. And on rare occasions on minor versions too, if a change in the database structure is needed.

Thank you for the response. I checked the database and, indeed, there is a myvideos90 there generated by Helix (alongside myvideos75 from Frodo). And indeed, after myvideos90 was generated from the first time, Helix doesn't recognize any library changes that I now make to myvideos75 -- it completely ignores myvideos75 now that myvideos90 exists.

I dropped myvideos90 and restarted Helix, which effectively forced it to read myvideos75 (and took a bit of time, as it needs to regenerate myvideos90). So I would have to drop myvideos90 every time I make an update on myvideos75 in order for Helix to recognize it. This isn't quite an elegant solution.

Is there a way to force Helix to read myvideos75 on-start (which would then update myvideos90)? I don't want to have to drop myvideos90 every time I make a change. I'm thinking there will be adverse effects if I use the Name tag ( http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi#Name_tag ), <name>myvideos75</name>. Any other thoughts?
This is not possible. The database number is added to the end of the name, so making it myvideos75 would result in a database called myvideos7575 and myvideos7590. This is intentionally done to prevent database corruption, as the newer Kodi can't work with older databases.
(2015-03-10, 03:48)Ned Scott Wrote: This is not possible. The database number is added to the end of the name, so making it myvideos75 would result in a database called myvideos7575 and myvideos7590. This is intentionally done to prevent database corruption, as the newer Kodi can't work with older databases.

Understood! Thank you for the support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Helix read-only access to Frodo-built MySQL database0