Share via MYSQL a mixed folder?
What is the best way to share a folder (via MYSQL) that I don't want scraped? I know I can create the source under videos but if I do that on both of my machines, they seem to maintain their own data for that folder. For example, when I start watching something from that folder, then go to the other box to continue watching, there is no record of it being started. The "watched" flags don't show between the two boxes either. In my Movies and TV Shows folders they work great. I just want a generic folder that could contain anything yet still have the stats shared among all my Kodi boxes.

I love, for example, how I can just pass my advancedsettings.xml file around to all my kodi boxes and they are all instantly accessing my Movies and TV Shows. How can I do that with a generic folder?

thanks!
The same way. Set up MySQL and use identical source paths for those folders. With a MySQL setup, Kodi is sharing its brain between boxes, so all resume and watched data is shared, even for files not in the library, because file data is also stored in the video db.
I tried that using the same SMB path. I'll try again in case I messed something up. But the thing is, no matter what I do, when I setup a new KODI and install the advancedsettings.xml file, the MOVIES and TV SHOWS are immediately available without any additional configuration on the new box. The VIDEOS (via FILE) have to be configured each time, or am I doing something wrong?
That's normal. Just make sure you add the sources exactly the same, as Kodi is case-sensitive with addresses. The "Files" view is not stored in the DB, but the history of files that were viewed there are. It's confusing, I know :)
I am a programmer so I know what's going on. What you are saying is that if the SMB path is not the same (including case) then multiple entries will be created (one per box) for each video accessed via the files. Correct?

If so, where is the entries in Vidoes/Files stored? Perhaps I can automate something to copy that setting between the boxes?
Correct.
Also, as for the confusion, I didn't mean it was a complicated issue, but rather that it is an unusual (and not entirely logical) issue. Kodi has a strange disconnect between the sources.xml file (where the directories for file view are stored) and the video database, which stores everything else. So you can have an identical file path stored in the video DB, but it won't be displayed under "files" unless it is also in the sources.xml file. The path in the DB is only used for scanning for new entries in the library. Personally, I find that a bit confusing, and I hope that the sources.xml file goes in favor of using the video DB for everything :)
You're right, that sorta breaks the schema consistency. Thanks for the info!
After poking around the files, it occurred to me that I could simply edit the skin (Home.xml) and place, on the home menu bar, the appropriate commands and do this across all my boxes for consistancy. Seem much easier than messing with sources and having to dig through videos/files/etc....

For posterity, I simply added the following XML to the <content> area of Home.xml:

<item id="14">
<label>My Files</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://MEDIACENTER/Recent Downloads/My Files/&quot;,return)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

Of course, the item id has to be unique among the ones that are already there. This was done to the file

addons/skin.confluence/720p/home.xml

I am sure its similar to the other skins as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share via MYSQL a mixed folder?0