Keymap craziness
Hi guys,

I've been trying to use my custom keymap from Frodo on Helix, and am having a load of problems. Here are a few:

<numpad___> entries used to apply with numlock on or off - now they only apply with numlock on. With numlock off, I get "DEBUG: OnKey: 0 (0xf200) pressed" in the logs for pretty much all of the numberpad keys. Kodi knows I pressed something, but doesn't seem to know what it is.

<numpadperiod> doesn't do anything anymore - it just spits out the same debug message above. If I turn on capslock, it matches <period>, not <numpadperiod>.

It'd be nice if I could capture and map the keys with numlock off, but that appears to be impossible with Kodi.

The reason I have all these numberpad remaps is because I have HTPCs in my bathrooms, and the easiest waterproof control solution was a silicone numberpad plugged into a USB port in the wall (that ultimately gets to the HTPC box, of course).
XBMC Setup: 6 x Zotac ION ITX boxes with SSDs running XBMCbuntu Frodo, 1 x Windows running XBMC Gotham, 1 x Raspberry Pi running Kodi Helix (8 total XBMC / Kodi boxes - One for every room, including the bathrooms!), all talking to a central server with 10TB of double parity RAID protected storage.
I've noticed an issue at least when it comes to skipping "," "." "'"
First, one thing that always works correctly is fullscreen switch "\".

I would open Live TV or a Recording or any video and right away those skipping keys behave wonky.
Specifically with Live TV, skipping forward or back I think caused the channel to change.
With watching a recording, the back skip "," bring it back to the recordings list.
I also see an effect where the timeline builds-up to an incorrect time sometimes. The one show I just watched was fine at first, then rewatching it while I go through this reply, the timeline was only seconds long so skipping or jumping around the timeline was only within those seconds of the timeline. As the video continues to play, the end time for the timeline extends.

I think the keymappings may be due to a lack of focus with the playing video. EG, the video is opened from a video menu list and shows full, but that list probably still has the focus.
If I keep pressing ESC where the Home is finally displayed, then click back on the playing video, then the keymappings work fine. nasty.

While Isengard is the first version I've truly committed to, and knowing it's beta, it's way buggy coming from Vista WMC (I'm transitioning myself to linux).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap craziness0