• 3(current)
Release iPlayer plugin v2.7.1 (new thread)
(2015-04-10, 22:21)TheRed Wrote: Am I being dense in asking how do you find / play other episodes of a programme?

I'm searching for banished, and the search results give me episode 6, but I want to watch episode 5 --which is on the app/web iplayer.

The feeds we currently use only have some of the content.
Any reason you can't use the steam that the Plex iPlayer plugin uses? That seems to have all programs available.
(2015-04-10, 22:21)TheRed Wrote: Am I being dense in asking how do you find / play other episodes of a programme?

I'm searching for banished, and the search results give me episode 6, but I want to watch episode 5 --which is on the app/web iplayer.

I have found that some shows expire after a week, yet are still available on the BBC website. When this happens I just use get_iPlayer.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
I seem to have an issue with pausing/resuming programs with the iPlayer plugin on Helix 14.2. Basically when resuming from a pause the player appears to play the remaining data in the buffer and then restart back to the paused point, causing video/audio corruption and stuttered playback.

I've had a search on various forums and can't find any open issue relating to this but did find http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/12839 which accurately describes the issue but has apparently been fixed Frodo!

I've had this issue in both Gotham 13.2 and Helix 14.2.

Does anyone else experience this with the iPlayer plugin when pausing/resuming streams?

I know this is not an issue with the plugin, and is more likely around librtmp but I thought I would see if anyone else shares my problem.
(2015-04-12, 19:11)kangaroomadman Wrote: I seem to have an issue with pausing/resuming programs with the iPlayer plugin on Helix 14.2. Basically when resuming from a pause the player appears to play the remaining data in the buffer and then restart back to the paused point, causing video/audio corruption and stuttered playback.

I've had a search on various forums and can't find any open issue relating to this but did find http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/12839 which accurately describes the issue but has apparently been fixed Frodo!

I've had this issue in both Gotham 13.2 and Helix 14.2.

Does anyone else experience this with the iPlayer plugin when pausing/resuming streams?

I know this is not an issue with the plugin, and is more likely around librtmp but I thought I would see if anyone else shares my problem.

I've had this since I started using the addon many moons ago,
I've never thought of it as an issue though merely a very slight blip on being able to view the streams in a superior but unauthorised way,
ever since the resume function was added I haven't used pause anyway just stopped the stream then restarted it when I came back to the TV.
(2015-04-12, 11:58)DiQ23 Wrote: Any reason you can't use the steam that the Plex iPlayer plugin uses? That seems to have all programs available.

a) no idea what they use b) im tired of switching the api - there are some others, but they don't support everything the current one does (such as radio etc) - waiting to see what happens with their nitro api.

you can write to the bbc and ask them to include more than 7 days of tv in the ion api we use currently Smile

might add the ability to enter a programme id manually - when I next do some dev on it.
Ha ha ha ha

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Timewaster-L...1843171694
(2015-03-30, 00:10)planetmarshall Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 23:58)planetmarshall Wrote: The message about librtmp not being found is quite correct - I have librtmp.so.0 but not librtmp.so.1

Created a symlink to librtmp.so.0 and now everything works fine - not sure what the root of the problem was, though.

Good spot - I was having the same problem too, could watch live but not catchup. Running on Ubuntu 14.04, did sudo apt-get install librtmp1 and all is well.

Nice work on the plugin!
[/quote]

Good spot - I was having the same problem too, could watch live but not catchup. Running on Ubuntu 14.04, did sudo apt-get install librtmp1 and all is well.

Nice work on the plugin!
[/quote]

Thanks for that, message came back that I already had the latest librtmp1 but also to autoremove some old files which seemed to fix myproblem.
is it possible to add shows from iPlayer to your library or to add the shows to a playlist?
Is it possible to set the region to use for BBC One/News?
(2015-05-01, 13:05)telecoma Wrote: Is it possible to set the region to use for BBC One/News?

Nope. AFAIK the BBC don't broadcast regional TV online. The regional radio stations are available and the TV news programmes are available on demand.
You're right - I thought it was possible through the website because there is a button under the video to select your location, but I've just tested it by setting it to West Midlands before the One O'Clock news started and I still got the London news.

No idea what the point of that link is.
I think this has been asked before; is there any way of seeing past episodes?, other than get_iplayer?

I hae downloaded an episode via my work PC, and it's on a USB stick. Can I add that as a source?
(2015-05-01, 14:10)telecoma Wrote: You're right - I thought it was possible through the website because there is a button under the video to select your location, but I've just tested it by setting it to West Midlands before the One O'Clock news started and I still got the London news.

No idea what the point of that link is.

It is so they can set the entire BBC website tailored to your area. i.e Weather, Local News and so on.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPlayer plugin v2.7.1 (new thread)0