H.265 playback, video lags behind audio
(2015-03-22, 17:30)oldpoem Wrote: It's not 14.2 that required more cpu. It's your file H265 has no HW accelerated on your system. So it required all cpu to decoded and E350 has very little CPU power. The thing with low-powered HTPC is you depend on HW accerelated to handle most of all decode task. And codec evolved with time so new codec can't be all HW accelerated on older HW. Having more power CPU would solve the problem though. And you can just go all Software route with no HW accerelated at all.

Actually, I found out something slightly interesting. As I had mentioned, I previously had played xvid and h.264 files no problem. With Kodi 14.2, I noticed that occasionally it would blip and then CPU would briefly spike to 100%. However, if I were to restart the computer, it would play fine. If I were to put the computer to sleep, then later wake up the computer, the problem would return. Restart the computer, and the problem would go away, until the next time the computer went to sleep and the problem would return. I am thinking that the problem is outside of the Kodi software.
As I have known, Kodi does not support H.265 quite well, my solution to this problem is pretty simple, that is to save H.265 to H.264 mp4 that can be played in Kodi without trouble. I use Pavtube to do the job btw.
(2015-04-23, 10:54)emma24xia Wrote: my solution to this problem is pretty simple, that is to save H.265 to H.264 mp4

You're a terrible person. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
H.265 playback, video lags behind audio0