Automatically launch VPNs when different addons are opened
this should be possible, because it is not limited to addons. it regularily checks the active "folder".
you need to know which foldername the library path has. tbh i don't know how to do it without python.
but i am working on a new version of my addon, where you could see the foldernames directly in xbmc/kodi.
hope it's ready soon.
hi alth79:
pls deactivate my current service addon and install this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqun0c9q4rgyqj...1.zip?dl=0

it's a totally new one made for both versions, using the openvpn addon or custom scripts. in the settings enable "additional settings" - "show folderpath...", then you see the name of the current folder. go to your movies, so you know what to enter as "Path" (part of it is enough like "movies").

would be great if you can test it and tell me if it works correctly (including your video addons).
thanks
@marv_el
This is really appreciated, thank you for spending your time on this.
I will test it out tommorow and report back thanks again !!
I've been testing your new version using Brian's script.
Seems to be working fine, it now allows capital letters in Vpn names.

The only thing I've noticed is whatever I put into the last box (number 10) the autoswitch doesn't seem to work.
Apart from that it's running really well. Thanks
invisable: thanks for testing and the feedback. i corrected the bug, here's version 0.2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3s929rug8lc3r6...2.zip?dl=0
I've been testing your new version, and it's been working fine so far. Smile
champion addon marv_el, kudos to you for creating it
marv_el thanks for creating this, its working really well.
Hi, thought I would drop in to give a bit feedback on your addon. I've been using this for several months now and all is going great! Absolutely brilliant job you've done mate!
Is there any way to get this working when a script is launched rather than an addon? Can it not do that since there is no active path when a script is started? Also, is there a way to have it connect to a default VPN connection when exiting an addon rather than disconnecting completely? Great addon, BTW.
I'd like to know that too mfucci. I use ivue TV guide for live TV and need this to have no VPN connected but don't have a way of doing it. Does your VPN disconnect when you leave each adding? Mine only disconnects when I have set it to do so for a certain addon.
*in the last post I was meant to type addon not adding!!
Having one issue with auto switch not sure if anyone can help.
If I open an add-on from the add-on folder it connect/disconnect just fine.
But if i open any add-on from homescreen shortcut it will connect to VPN but when i close it doesn't disconnect from VPN.

Any idea what i can d to fix this?
(2015-07-06, 21:41)mfucci Wrote: Is there any way to get this working when a script is launched rather than an addon? Can it not do that since there is no active path when a script is started? Also, is there a way to have it connect to a default VPN connection when exiting an addon rather than disconnecting completely? Great addon, BTW.

tbh i dont know how to recognize the current running script. need to investigate...
connect to a default vpn is possible, but needs some code adaption.
will see what i can do
(2015-07-25, 19:16)M32134c╘ Wrote: Having one issue with auto switch not sure if anyone can help.
If I open an add-on from the add-on folder it connect/disconnect just fine.
But if i open any add-on from homescreen shortcut it will connect to VPN but when i close it doesn't disconnect from VPN.

Any idea what i can d to fix this?

right, the reason is, when you play a video, switch temporarily to the gui and leave the addon (while the video still plays), it would disconnect the vpn.
i can add a setting to choose if you want that or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically launch VPNs when different addons are opened1