•   
  • 43(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
This build is awesome and your excellent guide is much appreciated thank you, however there is one major issue that I can't resolve. Streaming content doesn't work and Kodi shuts down or video simply doesn't play. I therefore tried using your playercorefactory.xml for online streams and whilst streams are now working, trouble is HDR doesn't engage. I can 100% confirm that the content is HDR as download works perfectly, but as a stream HDR doesn't work. How can I get streams to work with HDR please?
Streaming HDR content won't work with DSPlayer because the HDR metadata can't be passed through. Is that what you are trying to play?

Other streaming video add-ons such as YouTube work fine for me with DSPlayer. They just need to be SDR.

This is the only method that I know of to play streaming HDR10 video via Windows 10. You need to use MPC-BE and manually save the link for MPC-BE:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1987672
I've actually got some HDR content working via straight up streaming (no manually saving links etc) with HDR metadata being passed through, however the issue now is bog standard streams are not working. A simple AVI file will not play. The stream works fine with DSPlayer disabled (therefore using default VideoPlayer) confirming the stream is working fine but just not with DSPlayer, so appears to be a settings issue. Any idea how I can get basic file types working please?
By basic file types, do you mean local mkv's, mp4's and such? That playcorefactoy.xml shouldn't play those if you have DSPlayer checked as the default player.

Or do you mean other streaming video content? Those should all be played by VideoPlayer if you added the playercorefactory.xml to the userdata folder. That is the point of adding it to the configuration.
  •   
  • 43(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR4.867
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.