Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2016-03-24, 23:07)nvous23 Wrote: Sorry if this has already been addressed, i tried searching...

Has anyone came up with a list of the highest possible quality settings? With so many different settings to play with what combination produces the highest quality result? I am using an 5930K OC'd to 4.8GHz with a 980ti OC'd to 1500Mhz Core for my HTPC hooked up to a 4K TV that I wanted to have madVR do the upscaling instead of the TV handle that as madVR will probably do a better job.

The best settings change all the time as the program is being updated every two weeks or so with experimental features.

As of madVr v0.90.17, I would go with these settings for 1080p -> 4K upscaling:
  • Chroma: Reconstruction sharp AR
  • Image: Jinc3 + AR
  • Double Luma: 2x or greater - NNEDI3 32 to 256 neurons
  • Double Chroma: Off
  • Upscaling refinement: SuperRes (3) (no AB or AR)
  • Artifact removal - Debanding: Medium/High
  • Image enhancements: Off
  • Dithering: Error Diffusion 2
This is open to interpretation as sharpening values could change from person to person and display to display. SuperRes is generally regarded as the best image sharpening shader; Reconstruction the best chroma upscaler; NNEDI3 the best image doubler; Jinc the best image upscaler; Error Diffusion the best dithering algorithm. But your preferences could be different than mine or someone else's.

You might want to try adding crispen edges, as well. But that could make things too sharp.

Edit: I changed the settings one more time based on my own findings.

Messages In This Thread
9korpus - by edivrecar17 - 2015-10-05, 03:49
Audio delayed after pause - by JeffA - 2016-01-10, 20:28
RE: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR - by Warner306 - 2016-03-25, 06:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7