Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
Hello!

I use Kodi DSPlayer with MadVR and the Reclock audio renderer. Thank you for your detailed guide! I have consulted it many times in the past years with great results. However, when upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I am faced with a problem:
  • My use-case relies on the Kodi DSPlayer staying maximized even when out-of-focus (multi-monitor setup).
  • My setup under Windows 7 relies on 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive mode'. Without it (in 'fullscreen windowed mode') I suffer stuttering and performance drops, even when the debugging OSD lists no problems (e.g. stuttering even though dropped/repeated/delayed frames is listed as 0/0/0).
  • 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive Mode' glitches out in Windows 10 when it detects (accidental) cursor movement.
I have previously tried a custom always-on-top Kodi build with reasonable success (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258640). This build allowed me to select 'true fullscreen mode' in Kodi and check an option for 'always-on-top', which prevents Kodi from minimising. This solves the performance issues associated with 'fullscreen windowed mode', but naturally this build doesn't have MadVR integration.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to proceed? I have no idea how to troubleshoot the performance issues in'fullscreen windowed mode'  and as far as I'm aware there is no workaround for using 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive mode' in Windows 10. Are there any other methods to run Kodi DSPlayer in 'true fullscreen' without minimising during multitask? Or maybe an alternative to 'MadVR Fullscreen Exclusive mode'?

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
9korpus - by edivrecar17 - 2015-10-05, 03:49
Audio delayed after pause - by JeffA - 2016-01-10, 20:28
RE: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR - by Minkymork - 2018-08-22, 14:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7