Win HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
(2018-08-22, 19:18)Warner306 Wrote: Fullscreen exclusive mode may have to be replaced in Windows 10 because Windows hasn't put any support behind maintaining it. It is something that has been mentioned, but I have no idea if madshi has even considered doing something to address this. Windowed mode is the way to go in Windows 10 if you can get it to playback all of your content.

Launcher4Kodi can force consistent focus of Kodi regardless of the Kodi window state (up to every second, I think) . I don't know how this works with a multi-monitor setup or if Kodi will still minimize when you move to another monitor.
Cheers for the suggestion! Though sadly you suspected right about Launcher4Kodi and the multiple monitors; it will still minimise.

Funnily enough the FSE mode is actually what drew me to into all this stuff two years back. I'd never even heard of MadVR before I randomly stumbled upon your guide looking for a fix for the stutter problem. It felt like an absolute godsend, since I had been wasting my hard earned holidays trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Instead of going back to the question of why the fullscreen windowed mode has so many playback issues on my system, or why it seems to bork reclock etc. (I guess it must have something to do with my hardware), I'll just roll back to Windows 7.

I have tried to make custom resolutions (my GTX1070 -> HDTV frequencies are wildy innacurate, though it supports everything from 23-60hz) to see what would happen. This was before the new MadVR custom modes, and done with manual math (so I could easily have made mistakes), but the frequency would always easily over- or undershoot. The manually calculated and then trial-and-errored sweetspot wasn't accepted by the GPU and HDTV.

Maybe I should look into your other guide concerning the use of MPC(+lav and reclock) as an external player? I don't know how likely it is that DSPlayer is the culprit, but replacing it is one of the only things I haven't tried

EDIT:
I did a quick test with MPC-HC. My test file stutters at the exact same moments in MPC-HC as it does in DSPlayer. Meanwhile, dropped/repeated/delayed/presentation glitch counts remains the same after initial hiccups:

The stutters are much more noticeable than dropped/repeated/delayed frames as well. I have the feeling it might have to do with my other display which is a PG278Q (notoriously buggy, for one, it floods the EDID with crazy amounts of refresh rates and resolutions, which also caused problems in the past). Unless there's a trick to fix windowed borderless mode on my setup, I guess I'm stuck with FSE mode on Windows 7 Sad

EDITEDIT:

I've decided to continue testing and troubleshooting since I eventually need to make the switch to Windows 10 regardless. Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot the borderless windowed mode would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I should take this issue to a different forum/thread please let me know.

I've noticed that when in borderless windowed mode, the debug OSD reports the composition rate of the primary monitor, rather than the secondary monitor on which Kodi DSPlayer is playing (see above screenshot). Could this be the cause of the playback issues?

Messages In This Thread
9korpus - by edivrecar17 - 2015-10-05, 03:49
Audio delayed after pause - by JeffA - 2016-01-10, 20:28
RE: HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR - by Minkymork - 2018-08-22, 20:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR7