Best SD Card
Okay, that probably explains why I'm having my RPi2 blank out (no picture) while testing; have to unplug and replug. Using this; will switch to a different mSD card.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Well it's just not samsung or transcend cards since this is the exact issue with my Sony card. I thought the cards where just poor quality but this might not be the case. Hopefully the new adata cards don't have this issue, since we know its firmware.
Been using a Samsung for months now, no corruption problems. Cheap and FAST!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...12K1NB1622

Sandisk Extreme is the fastest, I use the 8GB model, which has worked fine for months without corruption.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LFT...UTF8&psc=1

But honestly, the Saumsung is far cheaper and almost as fast.
(2015-03-31, 16:26)hdmkv Wrote: Okay, that probably explains why I'm having my RPi2 blank out (no picture) while testing; have to unplug and replug. Using this; will switch to a different mSD card.

I'm using the exact same card and having no issues what so ever on a Turbo Overclock on a RPi2, I'm using this as well:
over_voltage_sdram=4

I would be surprised if your issue is related to the SD card. More like a HDMI problem.

I ordered a SanDisk Ultra 8GB UHI-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC to try out. Don't think it's a HDMI issue as my Chromebox & other media devices don't have issues via same cable types to AVR to projector. With RPi2, sometimes stopping a movie or test clip in the middle causes the screen to go blank. Clicking back/exit, menu, etc. have no effect, forcing me to unplug & replug.
My HT
(2015-03-31, 18:36)hdmkv Wrote: I ordered a SanDisk Ultra 8GB UHI-I/Class 10 Micro SDHC to try out. Don't think it's a HDMI issue as my Chromebox & other media devices don't have issues via same cable types to AVR to projector. With RPi2, sometimes stopping a movie or test clip in the middle causes the screen to go blank. Clicking back/exit, menu, etc. have no effect, forcing me to unplug & replug.

Uploading a debug log (wiki) and dmesg output after the hang would be useful (as well as confirming if an ssh connection remains alive when screen goes blank).

I'd be interested if you get the same behaviour with/without omxplayer enabled (the code is quite different in those two cases).
Does disabling "adjust display refresh rate to match video" avoid the problem?
The adata cards arrived today, used one in the tv room and it finished re-sizing the storage partition but got stuck on the openelec screen after reboot then threw the same could not mount storage error after I pulled the power. Wrote the image again on the SD card and this time Kodi booted. The bedroom one worked on the first try and I tried to corrupt it, by pulling the cable or powering the tv off which cuts the power to the pi and so far so good.

The tv room one corrupted the most and I didn't try to force it to corrupt since it a pain reflash do to the location of the pi.
(2015-03-31, 19:25)popcornmix Wrote: Uploading a debug log (wiki) and dmesg output after the hang would be useful (as well as confirming if an ssh connection remains alive when screen goes blank).

I'd be interested if you get the same behaviour with/without omxplayer enabled (the code is quite different in those two cases).
Does disabling "adjust display refresh rate to match video" avoid the problem?
Found my issue... with "sync playback to display" disabled, no crashes. This is with omxplayer disabled (my default since I set-up my Pi2). Card wasn't the issue.
My HT
(2015-04-03, 20:54)hdmkv Wrote: Found my issue... with "sync playback to display" disabled, no crashes. This is with omxplayer disabled (my default since I set-up my Pi2). Card wasn't the issue.

Was this with "resample audio"? Any different if "resampling quality" is not set to "GPU accelerated"?
Yes, was with "resample audio"... let me try your suggestion & report back.

Update: Tested and no crash no I stop video midway with following settings (what I think you meant). Uisng your latest Kodi build:

Of course, video playback was stuttery (w/o HW). I'm using the Amaze ATMOS clip to test. Let me go back and test with hardware enabled (first w/o OMXPlayer disabled, then both HW acceleration options enabled).
My HT
Okay, interesting results. I tried the Dolby ATMOS Amaze m2ts file again, and the DTS-MA Total Immersion m2ts file...

With HW acceleration enabled and sync to display also enabled, and with OMXPlayer disabled, ATMOS clip stopping playback midway didn't cause a crash; came back to Kodi UI. But, after I played the DTS clip and stopped midway, no picture, blank screen. Had to unplug and re-plug.

Now, same as above, but with both OMXPlayer and the other one (forgetting what it's called) enabled, DTS clip played fine, stopping midway no crash and returns to UI fine. Tried ATMOS clip and it started to play, but got stuck, froze and wouldn't play any further. Had to unplug and re-plug.

For now, it seems leaving HW enabled with OMXPlayer disabled and sync to display also disabled works best.
My HT
The adata cards are much better then the sony but still corrupt. the son'y cards curropted within a few reboots but the adata cards lasted a while, old cheap 2gb sandisk never once had this issue. But it's slow and fills up fast.
(2015-04-02, 05:37)jebise Wrote: The bedroom one worked on the first try and I tried to corrupt it, by pulling the cable or powering the tv off which cuts the power to the pi and so far so good.

Pulling the power on a running system will potentially corrupt (with any sdcard and any kodi platform). You should always shut down before removing power.
You'll corrupt the hard disk of your windows or linux PC if you keep doing this.

If you want the convenience of hard powering on/off the Pi, then expect corruption on occasion.
Make sure you have a backup (ideally a spare card you can immediately switch to).
Some sdcards are more or less tolerant (aggressive write caching and background wear levelling make cards more prone to corruption).
yes I know, I don't pull the power daily it was just to see if I can get it to corrupt as with the previous card it would fail after 3 reboot even if done proper. I always shutdown wait for the no signal message on the TV and then turn the TV off, this gives the Pi the 15 seconds it needs to fully finish shutting down. The issue is I need it a bit more tolerant for the unexpected shutdowns i.e. niece/nephew. i had used the Pi1 for about a year and never had this issue even with tons of improper shutdowns but now resorted back to storage on usb again until it's fixed for the Pi2. I may try OSMC since supposedly that does not have this issue.

It's just a pain, I spent more than i'd like to get this working the way it should, and now have a few useless SD Cards.

Yes I keep openelec backup, any script that will automate this and transfer to my server weekly?
(2015-04-06, 18:16)jebise Wrote: Yes I keep openelec backup, any script that will automate this and transfer to my server weekly?

I use rsync (you can install it from unofficial openelec repo).
If you are comfortable with linux command line it is easy to backup just the files that have changed (and later convert a clean install back into the latest backup).

If you are less comfortable, then removing the sdcard and runnning win32diskimager is a simpler method.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best SD Card0