• 264(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Unfortunately, first try, first crash :-(

With 32Bits Setup, I tried to play a MKV File that works both with DSPlayer 16.1 and Krypton 17.0 Beta 6 ...

I was so excited but for now, it is a disappointment :-(

LePousson
(2016-12-02, 21:21)LePousson Wrote: @aracnoz : Thanks for that ...

Just for my personal info, why a x64 version of DSPlayer could be needed as madVR is x86 ONLY, and has no plan to be released for x64 ??

LePousson

Actually, there is x64 version of madVR, has been for quite a while now. Reclock has no x64 version as of now.
@LePousson, madVR has been available for both 32bit and 64bit for a long time now.

Edit: spencerjford was faster...
Oh my god ...

I made a big confusion between ReClock and madVR x64 releases ...

All my apologizes to madshi for this misunderstanding ... :-(

LePousson
Tried the 64bit version real quick. It works great for me using my old krypton profile.

Plays mkv videos great. OSD was a bit jittery but whatever. Enabled display modes in madvr settings and the switch worked great too.

Tested a couple of video addons and all worked, even with madvr enabled. I'm still gonna disable madvr for live streams though.

THX!
plays everthing really fine. Have no problems with stopping movies.

Time to play around with the new NGU upscaler algorithm.
So not everyone is experiencing problems? Stopping a video boots me out to the main menu.
@LePousson, no worries.
DSPlayer 17.0 Beta 6 X64 = Does not even start for me ... Crashing and closing before I can see the Krypton boot logo ...

Perhaps, both X86 & X64 versions of DSPlayer 17.0 does not like my laptop ... :-(

I will have to switch back to "Standard" Kodi 17.0 Beta 6 ...

LePousson
(2016-12-02, 23:22)LePousson Wrote: DSPlayer 17.0 Beta 6 X64 = Does not even start for me ... Crashing and closing before I can see the Krypton boot logo ...

I've seen this issue come and go with normal kodi on windows, usually the first time I try to run it after boot, so maybe it's not dsplayer related. The second time runs normally, so maybe worth trying again.
Wink 
Thank you aracnoz! Big Grin

Only I had a small problem upgrading my default install, because for some reason the Xbox360EventClient.exe weren't working anymore (I use it to control Kodi when it is running without focus on my second screen), but on a clean install it worked fine... so after some test, replacing the portable_data\userdata\guisettings.xml file from the clean install made it work and it seems to be everything ok. I just need to find a option to disable the build-in gamepad support from Kodi itself, to avoid duplicated actions when the Kodi window is on focus.

About the DSPlayer playback, I didn't make any extensive test, but everything I tried played as it should, so I'm very glad with this. Smile

(2016-12-02, 22:28)Warner306 Wrote: So not everyone is experiencing problems? Stopping a video boots me out to the main menu.
No problem here. When stopping a series, it goes back to the series episode list, where I did come from.
The same goes to playing a movie, or a video on file mode.

You could try to make a portable install and test it, to check if isn't some kind of configuration file conflict, like I had with the Xbox360EventClient.
I'm having a lot of ERROR: Exception caught on main loop: Exiting, each time I do whatever.... Going to the settings is impossible. I will continue investigating tomorrow
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
I wonder if my problems are due to the automatic upgrade process? Will have to try a fresh install.
(2016-12-02, 17:18)afedchin Wrote: I had never any interest on this project. I still doesn't understand what for it's needed because I prefer to watch a HD content.There is only one possibility to including this in mainline it's if madvr will be just renderer. no DS-graphs no DS-filters, Kodi already has decoders, muxes and so on.

ok sorry, it was a my wrong thought.

(2016-12-02, 19:28)Warner306 Wrote: Wow, what a surprise!

Thanks aracnoz. Will you be able to put out a stable release when the time comes?

Also, it could be a mistake to include the new settings dialogs as they are changing every week. The settings panel is likely to change again this weekend.

Best wishes to you and cheers for the gift. This will not be forgotten for a long time.

I'm sorry but there will not any other release from me. For the settings dialogs as already said you can update everything by editing madvrsettings.xml, I linked the post with the guide, it's a very easy job to do.

(2016-12-02, 19:37)madshi Wrote: @aracnoz, thanks a lot !! Smile

It has been an honor to me to share the time of the dsplayer development with you, then pls let me thank you a million of times for madVR Smile
Thank you aracnoz! Running smoothly here

We hope you will continue to develop dsplayer. We don't mind donating or paying to further this project

Thanks a lot again!
  • 264(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47