• 311(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2017-04-11, 09:52)pagali Wrote: DSPlayer (17.1RC1)

I've noticed that when I FF in a video the audio doesn't mute until I get the speed up to 8X. Regular VideoPlayer doesn't do this. (Tested both over and over with the same videos.) Is this due to a setting somewhere?

No response, so I guess nobody else has this experience? Any hints of what setting, either in Kodi or in DSPlayer, or in MadVR, might affect it?
(2017-04-14, 22:22)pagali Wrote:
(2017-04-11, 09:52)pagali Wrote: DSPlayer (17.1RC1)

I've noticed that when I FF in a video the audio doesn't mute until I get the speed up to 8X. Regular VideoPlayer doesn't do this. (Tested both over and over with the same videos.) Is this due to a setting somewhere?

No response, so I guess nobody else has this experience? Any hints of what setting, either in Kodi or in DSPlayer, or in MadVR, might affect it?

I can't reproduce this exactly but I was playing around with Settings->Player->DSPlayer->Audio Renderer and although I usually use Optical Out (which stays silent when fast forwarding), Default DirectSound Device produced a VHS-style 'squeaking' of the audio.

^^ Might help you find a solution.
(2017-04-15, 01:39)only1hammy Wrote: I can't reproduce this exactly but I was playing around with Settings->Player->DSPlayer->Audio Renderer and although I usually use Optical Out (which stays silent when fast forwarding), Default DirectSound Device produced a VHS-style 'squeaking' of the audio.

Yes, you're right, Thanks! That does solve the FF audio problem! Mine was set on DirectSound SP/DIF. Only trouble is, I remember now the reason I had it set on DirectSound is that DTS audio wouldn't work on the other SP/DIF choice! (I just re-tested to verify.)

Well, between the two choices, I guess I'd rather put up with audio on FF then to lose the ability to play DTS movies. Interesting they both work as they should in VideoPlayer. Confused
Try skipping rather than fast forwarding. Ie. Use the arrow keys

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA
(2017-04-15, 02:05)pagali Wrote:
(2017-04-15, 01:39)only1hammy Wrote: I can't reproduce this exactly but I was playing around with Settings->Player->DSPlayer->Audio Renderer and although I usually use Optical Out (which stays silent when fast forwarding), Default DirectSound Device produced a VHS-style 'squeaking' of the audio.

Yes, you're right, Thanks! That does solve the FF audio problem! Mine was set on DirectSound SP/DIF. Only trouble is, I remember now the reason I had it set on DirectSound is that DTS audio wouldn't work on the other SP/DIF choice! (I just re-tested to verify.)

Well, between the two choices, I guess I'd rather put up with audio on FF then to lose the ability to play DTS movies. Interesting they both work as they should in VideoPlayer. Confused

Check 'Sound' in Windows' Control Panel, right-click the 'other' output device and click Properties. DTS passthrough should be under "Supported Formats" tab.

@frenchfries also makes a good point. Skipping (right on the 360 D-pad) is my preferred method as well.
@aracnoz, is there any chance of adding a on/off toggle switch between disable calibration and the display is already calibrated for the calibration page in the madvr settings gui? This way, for HDR content, the on switch would switch to BT2020,and the off would default back to bt709.

Just a thought.

Cheers

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2017-04-15, 02:18)only1hammy Wrote: Check 'Sound' in Windows' Control Panel, right-click the 'other' output device and click Properties. DTS passthrough should be under "Supported Formats" tab.
@frenchfries also makes a good point. Skipping (right on the 360 D-pad) is my preferred method as well.

I don't find "other" in that location, but DTS passthrough is selected for the SP/DIF device. (Win 7 Pro)

@frenchfries, thanks for the tip on using Skip instead of FF! I think I can learn to make that switch. At first I thought it wasn't programmed into my universal remote, but of course I do have Left and Right, and it works just fine. Blush
(2017-03-21, 05:46)_Andy_ Wrote: At github Krypton 17.1 is final. I hope aracnoz will release a new version of DSPlayer with new bug fixes / features as Krypton 17.1 is final but meanwhile i have merged the PRs from Krypton. If you like you can test/use my build.

Krypton DSPlayer 17.1 final my own build.
x86 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jBz9...mkxMXpka0E
x64 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0jBz9...m9MT09SMEk

Just to know, is this version stable and working?

Thanks and thanks Andy for the work!
is there maby a 17.2 nightly dsplayer version or can you teach me how to compile it myself Smile
I'm trying to play .wtv recorded files from Windows Media Center. Windows Media Player is able to play and non-DS Kodi can play it. But, Kodi DSPlayer cannot.

I'm using Windows 10. I've installed madVr, LAV Filters separately.

How should I figure this out? Is there any log file that I can look into?
When trying to skip 30 seconds or 10 minutes while playing 4K H265 files in Kodi Dsplayer 16.1 sometimes the screen turnes completely WHITE. Is this a known issue in Kodi? Or maybe its a Madvr issue? Video is still playing cause I still hear sound.
(2017-04-23, 11:35)tingtong5 Wrote: When trying to skip 30 seconds or 10 minutes while playing 4K H265 files in Kodi Dsplayer 16.1 sometimes the screen turnes completely WHITE. Is this a known issue in Kodi? Or maybe its a Madvr issue? Video is still playing cause I still hear sound.

Not a known issue but something that would have to be posted in the Doom9 forums.
(2017-04-23, 19:13)Warner306 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 11:35)tingtong5 Wrote: When trying to skip 30 seconds or 10 minutes while playing 4K H265 files in Kodi Dsplayer 16.1 sometimes the screen turnes completely WHITE. Is this a known issue in Kodi? Or maybe its a Madvr issue? Video is still playing cause I still hear sound.

Not a known issue but something that would have to be posted in the Doom9 forums.
Ok thanks!
I still haven't found a solution for dsplayer choosing a subtitle. Instead dsplayer choose standard no subtitles even when dsplayer know there are other subtitles... every episode I watch I have to manually choose a subtitle...
(2017-04-24, 15:58)Cynwrig Wrote: I still haven't found a solution for dsplayer choosing a subtitle. Instead dsplayer choose standard no subtitles even when dsplayer know there are other subtitles... every episode I watch I have to manually choose a subtitle...
If I'm not mistaken that's something you configure in LAV Splitter.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 311(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47