• 430(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
Quote:I don't think the custom resolution issue is that big of a problem. People having been using Windows media players for years without ever noticing the odd frame drop or repeat. It is sometimes in your head. The newest Nvidia driver should give you one frame drop or repeat every 12-14 minutes.
@Warner306
I have the latest nvidia driver and i'm getting 1 frame drop or repeat every 4min. Did nvidia fix only the timing of hd resolution? because i'm using 2160p.

thanks
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
SAT4ALL - think you answered this yourself on the MADVR forum, you have to use MADVR CRU + MADVR refresh rate switching, are you getting banding with sub 12bit on NVIDIA cards still?
(2018-08-01, 10:05)sat4all Wrote:
Quote:I don't think the custom resolution issue is that big of a problem. People having been using Windows media players for years without ever noticing the odd frame drop or repeat. It is sometimes in your head. The newest Nvidia driver should give you one frame drop or repeat every 12-14 minutes.
@Warner306
I have the latest nvidia driver and i'm getting 1 frame drop or repeat every 4min. Did nvidia fix only the timing of hd resolution? because i'm using 2160p.

thanks 
 You might need a clean driver install. Or your equipment isn't syncing as well. The clock variation problem isn't limited to video drivers alone. The CRU approach might be worth trying. You definitely need a clean driver install in that case.
Yes, i'm always using DDU for clean install, that doesn't make any change in my timing.
Anyway, thanks to CRU i have both good timing with 1 frame drop/repeat every 5h and 12bit output.

Thanks
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
As you know when using pixel shader hdr > sdr with xysubfilter, it messes with overall brightness. with mpc-be and it internal sub renderer there is no issue.
So, i'm trying to use xyvsfilter with kodi, i've selected xyvsfilter (i) internal under extra filter in dsplayer settings but kodi keep using xysubfilter. any idea?
(2018-08-04, 15:59)sat4all Wrote: As you know when using pixel shader hdr > sdr with xysubfilter, it messes with overall brightness. with mpc-be and it internal sub renderer there is no issue.
So, i'm trying to use xyvsfilter with kodi, i've selected xyvsfilter (i) internal under extra filter in dsplayer settings but kodi keep using xysubfilter. any idea?
 Install it externally, add it as an extra filter and assign it as a subtitle filter. Someone posted earlier about having success with AssFilterMod. That also might be worth trying. It's not a dirty website; it is actually some type of subtitle filter.
(2018-08-05, 01:22)Warner306 Wrote:
(2018-08-04, 15:59)sat4all Wrote: As you know when using pixel shader hdr > sdr with xysubfilter, it messes with overall brightness. with mpc-be and it internal sub renderer there is no issue.
 Install it externally, add it as an extra filter and assign it as a subtitle filter. Someone posted earlier about having success with AssFilterMod. That also might be worth trying. It's not a dirty website; it is actually some type of subtitle filter.  

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. i can see AssFilterMod under player proccess info but embedded subtitles or external either doesn't load.
I've tried to use the forced version "AssFilterModAutoLoad" but it doesn't work too and this time i can't see it under player proccess info.
Hi,
I'm having problems playing HD videos: when I hit play nothing happens but normal 480s plays ok. Madvr menu appears so I assume is working.  I reinstalled 3 times the software but issues are the same ... can you help me? thanks
(2018-08-05, 14:01)sat4all Wrote:
(2018-08-05, 01:22)Warner306 Wrote:

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. i can see AssFilterMod under player proccess info but embedded subtitles or external either doesn't load.
I've tried to use the forced version "AssFilterModAutoLoad" but it doesn't work too and this time i can't see it under player proccess info. 
 The subtitle brightness issue could be related to DSPlayer. If you just overlay the menu over the video, the same thing happens to the brightness. You'll know if you try another subtitle filter.
(2018-08-05, 16:55)Jorsan Wrote: Hi,
I'm having problems playing HD videos: when I hit play nothing happens but normal 480s plays ok. Madvr menu appears so I assume is working.  I reinstalled 3 times the software but issues are the same ... can you help me? thanks
I don't know where to start. It could be something to do with LAV Video. Could you post an image of your LAV Video settings? Are you using Internal Filters for playback rather than Media rules or System filters?
ImageImage
Thanks warner 305  .  Yes, I'm using internal filters and just downloaded latest madvr (just for you to know but don't think this would be the reason of the problem).
Change Hardware Decoder to DVXA2 (copy back) or D3D11 and see if that helps.

What video card do you have ?
You are using the wrong hardware decoder, but that shouldn't impact the ability to actually play a file.

Can you replicate the settings from the images posted here and report back: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1966557

A debug log would be the next step.
Ok, I've gone through the dsplayer section of the forum and I cannot get audio to sound right on a 2.1 config with 6.1 audio. Audio sounds quiet on channels I don't have and I'm unsure how to get the audio to sound right. Help would be appreciated.
  • 430(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47