• 438(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
I'm reluctant to switch now i've got mine stable but I guess I need to check it out, are there any known issues at all?
none on my setup - not sure about anyone else.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
i'll take an image of my OS drive and maybe have a go at the weekend.
(2018-09-14, 03:14)asagala Wrote: Any reason to use 64bit vs 32bit?
Faster software decoding, but loss of ReClock. Not much else.
ok, so I installed the 64 bit versions of KODI DS, , LAV etc, here's what happened.

All seems to be working, watched a movie ok, half way through second movie started to get some glitches, then the screen suddenly shrunk into the wrong aspect ration. I stoped the movie, killed KODI DS and started it again, same again.

Decided to reboot machine, no post, oh dear.

My mainboard blew a gasket or something, luckily I had a spare identical board  - I was back up and running again within an hour, however I decided to go back to 32 bit version Smile

Now I know this had nothing to do with it but I decided if it aint broke...
I hope it didn’t melt. Does your case have adequate cooling?
not sure, sent it back to supplier to see what they say. cpu was water cooled and the whole system never went over 65 at full load.
i literally just shoved another indentical mainboard in and it worked so its defo just the board.
I thought I'd post this here in case anyone was interested:

TVs are only getting brighter, but how much light is enough?

High Dynamic Range explained

HDR10 Metadata Explained
Guys apologies in advance if this has been covered already but I'm having an issue with my files now since the new Windows update.

I used to be able to use smb in kodi in order to stream my movies from the upstairs pc to the downstairs PC but since this new window's update I'm unable to stream movies.. It just says file not available do you want to remove from library.

Can someone please help me with this issue.. I had this issue in their past and reverted to an older Windows 10 build but it just automatically updated again an I'm stuck..

Really appreciate your help guys..
I don't know if there's a proper "fix" for the issue, or if anyone else has it. In another application that I develop for, any time that smb gives us trouble (we use WinAPI, so there not much we can actually do about it), we recommend not using smb at all as far the app is concerned.
Map the share to a drive letter, then Kodi will see it as any other drive, just with slower seek speeds (as it's over network). Unfortunately, that means that you'll need to hack your DB or rescan, but it should work
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
(2018-09-22, 12:07)da3dsoul Wrote: I don't know if there's a proper "fix" for the issue, or if anyone else has it. In another application that I develop for, any time that smb gives us trouble (we use WinAPI, so there not much we can actually do about it), we recommend not using smb at all as far the app is concerned.
Map the share to a drive letter, then Kodi will see it as any other drive, just with slower seek speeds (as it's over network). Unfortunately, that means that you'll need to hack your DB or rescan, but it should work
Thank you.. How do I actually do that? I mean how do I map a drive on kodi which option is it under? Would appreciate some help please thank you.
It's an OS feature. I'll assume that you are on Windows 10 update 1803+, as that's the one that everyone is complaining about in general.
Go to This PC (My Computer) then expand the Computer menu at the top, and click Map Network Drive. It'll bring up a wizard, which you follow, inputting the smb location. In Kodi, you tell it to use the new "drive" that you created. That way, Windows will handle the samba stuff, and Kodi just sees a drive.
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
(2018-09-22, 11:53)mkohman Wrote: Guys apologies in advance if this has been covered already but I'm having an issue with my files now since the new Windows update.

I used to be able to use smb in kodi in order to stream my movies from the upstairs pc to the downstairs PC but since this new window's update I'm unable to stream movies.. It just says file not available do you want to remove from library.

Can someone please help me with this issue.. I had this issue in their past and reverted to an older Windows 10 build but it just automatically updated again an I'm stuck..

Really appreciate your help guys..
I would guess password protected sharing is enabled. This troubleshooting was covered in the past. Review these links and report back:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2737291

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNeo7O6ImAo

https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharin...grade.html
One thing I really like about this forum, thread, is how us users help and support each other even with no real knowledge if there will ever be a new version.

Thank you to all who have helped others get kinks worked out.   

You guys rules!
  • 438(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47