• 497(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
how is the new nvidia shields upscaling compared to madvr?
Who knows. Probably not bad at all, likely has some edge enhancement incorporated based on the need to incorporate a demo mode for the upscaler, but not as a good as an RTX 2080 running NGU Sharp very high. That's just an educated guess.

The new Shield Pro isn't really a replacement for DSPlayer, but it's on my list of things to buy.
You can now find a updated test build of KODI 17.6 DSPlayer64 x64 here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2895970
Changes include:
- Better GUI scaling (see thread)
- Some smaller fixes from the original KODI 17.6 repo which were not included in the old builds of DSPlayer (because they were made after release of the last DSPlayer builds)
- Changed default settings of DSPlayer to default to MadVR tray settings to avoid config crashes with newer versions of MadVR
- Slightly updated libbluray from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2 (Better than nothing. Including higher versions of libbluray in KODI 17.6 makes no sense without huge changes to the old KODI 17.6 core code)

Updating the internal LAVFilters+XySubFilter is not recommended for multiple reasons - so i left them at the known versions.

If you want to use updated versions of LAVFilters+XySubFilter it's highly recommended that you use the DSPlayer "Filters management" setting "Media rules and Filters configuration" while adding just one "Media rule" for all files (File types: *) with the external updated versions of LAVFilters (Source Filter, Splitter, Video Dec., Audio Dec.)+XySubFilter chosen.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Looks interesting. I'll give it a try. 

What artwork needs to be replaced? If I delete the thumbnails folder, can I rescrape all of the posters, fanart and other images from a source such as Artwork Beef? Aren't those sources already stored as high-quality images?

And did you put any thought into updating DSPlayer to Kodi v18?
Personally i only use local artwork and therefore can't speak much on scraper config like Artwork beef etc.

But, generally speaking:
When scraping artwork (posters, fanart etc.), KODI by default resizes and saves all the artwork it fetches with bicubic scaler to a maximum height of 1080px for fanart and a maximum of 720px height for all other artwork like posters etc. (See wiki advancedsettings "fanartres" and "imageres")
For the test builds these defaults have been changed to a minimum of 1080px height for both values while using lanczos scaling instead of the old default bicubic (advancedsetting "imagescalingalgorithm").
If you got a native 2160p screen and decent hardware for running Kodi, you may even could change imageres + fanartres via advancedsettings to "2160" while using the test builds. (Avoid such a high setting when using original Kodi builds)

I recommend using the test build with a copy of your userdata.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
I think I understand. I didn't realize Kodi was degrading the artwork.

So no v18 then?
If needed: More information can be found in the mentioned thread and also the discussions linked in that thread.

Forgot to answer regarding the v18 question: ^^

I'm unable to port DSPlayer to Kodi 18. I already compared the source between stock 17.6 and dsplayer 17.6 to see what has been changed - but since there have been so many core changes beween Kodi 17 and Kodi 18 - this is way above my abilities. : )
@Warner306
I have trouble with MadVR HDR to SDR using pixel shader method. I was able to create .measurement files using Manni's batch file ( a few months ago), but didn't have a chance to actually use it with MadVR as I was busy watching 3D. However, now I have realized that there are massive frame drops  (rendering at 70 to 80 ms) with my UDH movies (all are BDMV folders) and shows (mkv files). There is a lot of stuttering. I believe it's related to MadVR not using .measurement files and using live conversion. When I check HDR tone and gamut mapping accuracy setting in "trade quality for performance" the stuttering goes away. How do I make sure that MadVR uses the files? They are stored with movie files.

Setup: Sandybridge i52500k, 8GB ram, GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 8.1. MadVR version 40 beta. Direct 3D native (auto).

Thanks
You could use jriver I suppose. It has a madvr backend but I just can't get over the ugly UI and lack of Plex integration.
(2019-10-30, 07:29)frenchfries Wrote: You could use jriver I suppose. It has a madvr backend but I just can't get over the ugly UI and lack of Plex integration.

This was regarding alternatives
(2019-10-30, 05:18)vj950 Wrote: @Warner306
I have trouble with MadVR HDR to SDR using pixel shader method. I was able to create .measurement files using Manni's batch file ( a few months ago), but didn't have a chance to actually use it with MadVR as I was busy watching 3D. However, now I have realized that there are massive frame drops  (rendering at 70 to 80 ms) with my UDH movies (all are BDMV folders) and shows (mkv files). There is a lot of stuttering. I believe it's related to MadVR not using .measurement files and using live conversion. When I check HDR tone and gamut mapping accuracy setting in "trade quality for performance" the stuttering goes away. How do I make sure that MadVR uses the files? They are stored with movie files.

Setup: Sandybridge i52500k, 8GB ram, GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 8.1. MadVR version 40 beta. Direct 3D native (auto).

Thanks

If you are using the same most recent beta builds I'm using, the stuttering is caused by the unoptimized live algorithm. 

To ensure the measurement files are being used, check that the measurement file does not say "incomplete" at the end of the filename. Then look in the control panel to ensure this box is unchecked:

(2019-10-30, 07:29)frenchfries Wrote: You could use jriver I suppose. It has a madvr backend but I just can't get over the ugly UI and lack of Plex integration.

And the lack of subtitle donwload while the movie has already started.

And the fact you need to run your media server as read only because it tries to do so much changes to your library.

And requires the use o cache backend with rclone because it hammers the file it reads.

The guy should just release a standalone player without all the server, dlna, system hog stuff because it's the only option to properly use libbluray with madvr. It would be really great alternative.

I would not have started working on kodi hdr edition if this wasn't such a megalomaniac software.
Still libbluray 1.1.2 has a few bugs with Kodi that I'm still not able to fix.
I just noticed that KODI 18.4 test builds are available.  Does this build allow us to use the Amazon and Netflix (InputStream Adaptive) addons with madVR?
(2019-10-31, 04:10)MKANET Wrote: I just noticed that KODI 18.4 test builds are available.  Does this build allow us to use the Amazon and Netflix (InputStream Adaptive) addons with madVR?
You never noticed the Dsplayer part is not in these builds, so no unfortunately not.

KODI 17

- Download KODI 17.6 DSPlayer64 | Windows x64  (bettergui001-build)  (Alternative Mirror: Dropbox)

- Download KODI 18.4 | Windows x64  (bettergui001-build)  (Alternative Mirror: Dropbox)
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me.

I'm having a weird audio problem. Every video that I play with DSPlayer has a weird audio artifact, it sounds like some sort of wave, or a cricket, heh. I've tried different audio renderers, such as Sanear, but to no avail. It doesn't matter if it's bitstreaming or not, it still occurs. I've also tried newer LAV Filters. The audio sounds great, apart from this annoying sound.

It does not occur in Kodi's VideoPlayer, nor in MPC-HC with the same settings in LAV and madVR, only with DSPlayer.

I'm using Windows 10 version 1903 with a NVIDIA GeForce 1070 with the latest drivers. The DSPlayer is the one on the first page and x86.

Thanks.
  • 497(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47