Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
UPDATE: Isengard DSPlayer 15.1

26 August 2015 (66c524b)
  • DSPlayer now uses a shared surfaces queue to show the GUI on madVR
  • Updated all new madVR settings for Image Enhancements and Upscaling Refinement
  • New system to manage madVR settings with 3 options: Never, Load and Save with DSPlayer database, Load from madVR active profile
  • New built-in LavFilters with internal settings stored into DSPlayer database (this it's also made possible thx to Nevcairiel)
  • New built-in XySubFilter (this it's also made possible thx to Cyberbeing)
  • DSPlayer now works with Isengard DX11 (this it's also made possible thx to afedchin)
  • Disabled temporarily support to EVR and VMR

let me explains better the new features that come with this build

- DSPlayer now uses a shared surfaces queue to show the GUI on madVR
I already shown the benefits in this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2080139 smooth GUI animations and an invisible madVR integration in the main application thread of Kodi

- Updated all new madVR settings for Image Enhancements and Upscaling Refinement
All new settings (Super-Xbr / Nedi / FineSharp / Lumasharpen / Adaptivesharpen / SuperResolution) are now available in the video osd while madVR playback, i have to say that it's particular delightful change the sharpeness and other things directly from the GUI to better see the differences

- New system to manage madVR settings with 3 options: Never, Load and Save with DSPlayer database, Load from madVR active profile
I always hated the useless things, i noticed that most of you are not using the internal madVR interface to use madVR profiles system, so now i added also the madVR profiles support
there are three options in "Manage settings with Kodi"

- Never: will do nothing, and the Kodi GUI will be disabled
- Load and Save with DSPlayer database: you will use the internal profiles system, at playback start DSPlayer will restores the settings stored into the database, changes made in the madVR trayicon will not be saved into the database
- Load from madVR active profile: DSPlayer will load the settings directly from madVR at playback start, the changes made in the madVR trayicon will have effect immediately on the Kodi GUI, changing the settings on Kodi will have effect on madVR as usual

- New built-in Lavfilters with personal settings stored into DSPlayer database
With this integration my hope it's to finally solve all problems with the rules, there will be three options under Filters management

you already knows about the latest two options, so lets me explains better the "Internal Filters", I included the LavFilters directly in the setup, they will not installed or registered, they will be copied in "<your path>/Kodi/system/players/dsplayer/LavFilters" and then loaded as files, you have to configure the settings directly in Kodi DSPlayer because the settings are personalized, so if you have an installation of LavFilters this will not influence the settings of internal DSPlayer LavFilters, so it's like mpc-hc for this,

- New built-in XySubFilter
Included also in "<your path>/Kodi/system/players/dsplayer/XySubFilter" the files necessary to make work the subtitles, the settings are not stored in DSPlayer so are global

- DSPlayer now works with Isengard DX11
thx to the great work that afedchin has made on Kodi now we have the possibility to have the GUI rendered by DX11, i tested this build in the latest days with no issue and it's a way better then dx9 in performance, so i decided to upgrade also DSPlayer to this branch, i had no time to work on EVR or VMR but i think that's not so important for now, i don't know if i will never do this job

i have something like 4/5 different version of DSPlayer but i cannot support all of them so i made a decision, only one release to have better support, concentrated only on this

all links at first page

Messages In This Thread
Lockup on STOP issue resolved! - by MKANET - 2015-04-11, 21:59
RE: Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows - by aracnoz - 2015-08-26, 18:45
RE: 4G aware patch - by MagikMark - 2015-09-08, 03:27
Alt-F4 no longer quits - by JeffA - 2015-10-31, 20:38
H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-04, 00:41
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-04, 16:21
RE: H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-05, 01:34
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-05, 16:48
RE: H265 playback - by rew88 - 2017-11-05, 23:08
RE: H265 playback - by ashlar - 2017-11-06, 12:00
Leia 18 - by terpsarlington - 2017-11-21, 03:51
RE: Leia 18 - by spencerjford - 2017-11-21, 06:24
Display Modes / Refresh Rates - by goofer69 - 2019-09-20, 00:19
RE: Display Modes / Refresh Rates - by ashlar - 2019-09-20, 00:39