• 332(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
yes use addon, remember this is a side alternate build of KODI so even if there was an official updater this wouldnt be part of it.
DSPlayer Kodi recently stopped using madvr. I have no idea why but it seems as if it is just using VideoPlayer now or something. I changed nothing that should have caused this. The only things I have done since last time it worked right was upgrade my video card drivers, and update madvr. I didn't changing anything within Kodi (DSPlayer) and when I look all is turned on and off properly. It is also set to always use DSPlayer. So why is it not? It isn't opening MadVR at all. I tried opening madvr manually and Kodi is still not using it.
MADVR doesnt open an app, it just runs, MADVR\madHcCtrl.exe doesnt from were ever you have it installed. This then just opens as a task bar notification icon which you can right click on to go into settings.

Can you just change KODI DS back to MADVR as the video renderer in settings?
But any news about v17.4 with DS Player?
(2017-08-26, 00:19)cyber201 Wrote: But any news about v17.4 with DS Player?

Can someone Build one, please.
Tried but Kodi 17 build documentation seems outdated so didn't get far, git merge went without conflicts though as it's mostly bugfixes but hard to tell if anything breaks Smile
(2017-08-29, 12:35)RickDB Wrote: Tried but Kodi 17 build documentation seems outdated so didn't get far, git merge went without conflicts though as it's mostly bugfixes but hard to tell if anything breaks Smile
Thank you for giving it a shot nonetheless
Is there any way to avoid dropped frames when switching from fullscreen to windowed and back? I get 0 dropped frames otherwise.

I tried enabled madVR low-latency mode, however, that doesn't prevent this issue. Also, it doesn't help to set all queue settings to the max value for madVR. Also tried changing CPU priority to Kodi.exe to AboveNormal. That didn't help either. I have a relatively powerful "gaming-class" PC with plenty of CPU/GPU/Memory resources available during playback.

Maybe, it could be avoided by using Fullscreen Exclusive mode... However, FSE isn't really an option for me since it takes way too long to display video when switching to fullscreen each time (from Window mode).

Maybe, this is something that could be fixed in the DSPlayer code?

Thanks in advance!
No real way to avoid it. The rendered frames need to be rerendered due to change in window (or target size) and that can result in dropped frames every time.

What is the use case in needing to do this where it's actually an issue?

I assume most don't flip back and forth often while watching stuff. So kinda curious about that.
(2017-08-29, 17:44)MKANET Wrote: Is there any way to avoid dropped frames when switching from fullscreen to windowed and back? I get 0 dropped frames otherwise.
No, it's impossible.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thanks for the definitive answer. No worries. The 1-2 dropped frames isn't really noticeable when toggling window/fullscreen mode.
@spencerjford, I'm most likely in the minority... I like to multi-task sometimes; especially when watching video clips.

(2017-08-30, 11:02)ashlar Wrote:
(2017-08-29, 17:44)MKANET Wrote: Is there any way to avoid dropped frames when switching from fullscreen to windowed and back? I get 0 dropped frames otherwise.
No, it's impossible.
Gave it another go and managed to get it to compile, problem was in the multiple Visual Studio installations and some dsplayer specific scripts that needed to run (can update docs if you guys want).
Fork online here:

https://github.com/RickDB/xbmc/commits/Krypton_dsplayer

which is in sync with current official Krypton branch (Kodi 17.5RC1).

Running build tests now and with any luck should have a test version soon Smile , better would be for developer to update it of course but checked and last login was a few months ago so not sure when he will be around again.

// Edit

Build had a few errors related to TagLib but fixed the path and completed afterwards Smile
Testing it now on my main machine and working fine so far, figuring out the installer next but have a packaged non-installer version ready if that fails, screenshot of it up and running:

Loves it.
(2017-08-31, 15:58)RickDB Wrote: Running build tests now and with any luck should have a test version soon

Thanks a lot
Unofficial build based on Kodi 17.5RC1 is linked below, recommend making backups beforehand as this my first go at building Kodi so errors may occur.
This is just a stop-gap measure till the developer returns as I can only do basic patches and builds like this, after install your system information should list this version:

Fork repo used in build for reference:

https://github.com/RickDB/xbmc/commits/Krypton_dsplayer

Setup 32bit: DSPlayer 17.5RC1 Krypton - build (20170831-0b0f92fce4)
Setup 64bit: Fails to compile.

All credits go to @aracnoz as this is just a build merged with all his changes.
  • 332(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47