• 397(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
goes black and stays black? or eventually returns to kodi interface?
Stays black and only resumes when I restart the pc.. Although it's not all the time.. Its on and off.. Sometimes.. But very irritating..
did you get your fancy optical HDMI cable?

is madVR reporting the EDID?

if so then its nothing to do with your HDMI signal.
Don't know anything about fixing HDMI handshaking issues. A new graphics card might fix that, but I really have no idea.

Are you unhappy with the performance of the RX 560? You would get better performance of NGU with the 1050 Ti, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle if you have a working set up. The RX 560 is a good enough card for madVR.
Thank you @Warner360.. No I'm very happy with the RX560 4GB but it's the EDID situation.. I purchased this

HDMI Pass-Through EDID Emulator for use with video splitters, Switches and Extenders https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072JC9443/r...WAb7XFDADG

Hopefully it'll fix the problem.. I hope Smile
(2018-04-03, 16:31)mkohman Wrote: Stays black and only resumes when I restart the pc.. Although it's not all the time.. Its on and off.. Sometimes.. But very irritating..
Does this happen with everything you play from DS, or just 3D/HDR/4k?

also please relist all your kit as i'e lost track what you have and you display setup, i'm asking as i've had this issue before.
to be honest mkohman i'm not getting any better performance than you with my 1050Ti

what makes you think that its an EDID issue?

when your projector is plugged direct into your GPU and you check the EDID in madVR is the EDID being reported the same as when you insert your AVR into the chain and check the EDID in madVR?
I only use my HTPC for movie playback for 4K and 1080p playback... My gears is RX560 4GB, ANTHEM AVM60, JVC X5900.. this happens every once in a while but when it does the I have to reboot my pc to get it back.. Usually happens when playing 4k then switching back to 1080p then back to 4k..it's very strange and temperamental..
How can I check the EDID in madVR? Can you please advise.. I know it's ctrl + J but which line is the EDID information please? Thanks

Also I forgot to say.. I never use windowed mode in DSPLAYER.. Do I need to? Could this be the cause.? I use fullscreen..
@mkohman 

normal behaviour on some Cards with Fullscreen ...
Ahve you enabled full Screen mode and force to Exit fullsreen mode bei stop? this should help
(2018-04-03, 17:15)mkohman Wrote: How can I check the EDID in madVR? Can you please advise.. I know it's ctrl + J but which line is the EDID information please? Thanks

Also I forgot to say.. I never use windowed mode in DSPLAYER.. Do I need to? Could this be the cause.? I use fullscreen..
madvr -> devices -> information.

dont use exclusive mode

read my mini guide further back in the thread for kodi-dsplayer setup. it might help, it might not but have a read anyway.
Can you please elaborate how to disable exclusive mode? Do I tick the box where it says use in windowed mode or use full screen.. Please can you help me out with this..thanks..
ok, I've had similar issues myself, black screen but I no longer have. We need to track down exactly where it happens, trust me, it wont be random. Is your projector 4k or 1080p?

i'll cover exclusive and windowed mode when I know how you are connecting.
(2018-04-03, 17:42)mkohman Wrote: Can you please elaborate how to disable exclusive mode? Do I tick the box where it says use in windowed mode or use full screen.. Please can you help me out with this..thanks..
 look at the settings here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2721277

both madvr and dsplayer control the settings so depending on what you have set up results in what takes control via settings.
this is why i dont like to set up madvr using kodi-dsplayer but prefer to set madvr up as a 'stand alone' application.

its not just a case of single settings so read the mini guide i posted as it might help.

i have never got exclusive mode to work properly and using it results in the behaviour you are experiencing (locking of a black screen during exit of playback)

maybe someone could explain how to use exclusive mode properly?
(2018-04-03, 17:53)mclingo Wrote: ok, I've had similar issues myself, black screen but I no longer have. We need to track down exactly where it happens, trust me, it wont be random. Is your projector 4k or 1080p?

i'll cover exclusive and windowed mode when I know how you are connecting.
 yup i would like to know how mkohman has his hardware "chain" connected as well.

my apology you posted the information above.
  • 397(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47