• 486(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2019-05-30, 03:22)Warner306 Wrote: That's strange. No need to use fullscreen exclusive mode.
And with the HDR?
Most don't need fullscreen exclusive mode for HDR passthrough. If you do, it is probably limited to the Nvidia driver you are using.
(2019-05-31, 14:36)Warner306 Wrote: Most don't need fullscreen exclusive mode for HDR passthrough. If you do, it is probably limited to the Nvidia driver you are using.

I can get both HDR and 3D without FSE but I get frame drops / slkips and black screen of death coming out of movie, I need both FSE in MADVR and windowed mode in DS to get a fully perfect picture.
is there a plan to have newer build of Kodi with built-in DSplayer?
As far as we know, there is no plan.  Until a developer steps up that has the desire to do it for him/herself and shares it with us.
(2019-05-31, 15:33)mclingo Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 14:36)Warner306 Wrote: Most don't need fullscreen exclusive mode for HDR passthrough. If you do, it is probably limited to the Nvidia driver you are using.

I can get both HDR and 3D without FSE but I get frame drops / slkips and black screen of death coming out of movie, I need both FSE in MADVR and windowed mode in DS to get a fully perfect picture. 

I see. Must be an AMD issue. I've heard FSE doesn't work correctly with the newest Windows release. Does this also impact HDR passthrough?
(2019-05-31, 19:55)spencerjford Wrote: As far as we know, there is no plan.  Until a developer steps up that has the desire to do it for him/herself and shares it with us.

that sucks. I having issue with this built so i updated to latest Kodi version which fixed the playback issue but i lost Dsplayer.

Is there any alternate frontend that we can use other than Kodi?
MediaPortal 1. JRiver Media Center.
(2019-06-01, 06:41)ajamils Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 19:55)spencerjford Wrote: As far as we know, there is no plan.  Until a developer steps up that has the desire to do it for him/herself and shares it with us.

that sucks. I having issue with this built so i updated to latest Kodi version which fixed the playback issue but i lost Dsplayer.
JRiver is not, in my opinion, the same kind of product. It's a very good product but it's more targeted at desktop use, to be honest. Using it from the couch has never struck me as a particularly good idea.

Media Portal 1 is functional. In my opinion is less polished than Kodi (especially the skinning engine, with less smooth transitions for instance).

If I were you I'd try to debug the problem you had with DSPlayer. Pretty much everybody manages to use it still, maybe your situation is salvageable.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2019-05-31, 23:14)Warner306 Wrote:
(2019-05-31, 15:33)mclingo Wrote:

I see. Must be an AMD issue. I've heard FSE doesn't work correctly with the newest Windows release. Does this also impact HDR passthrough? 
I have no issues with HDR passthru at all, FSE on or off, just frame skips when off.
I updated my Geforce 1060 with the newest driver 430.86. Unfortunately, I was not able to play 3D movies anymore. In the Windows setting menu the "3D display mode" option also disappeared. Therefore, I downgraded to the nividia driver to 418.91 again and now 3D working again. Does anybody experience the same problems? Hopefully, there is a solution for future drivers, since my HTPC is also a gaming machine and keeping the old driver might lead to compatible and performance issues in the future.
(2019-06-07, 13:24)bollstedt Wrote: I updated my Geforce 1060 with the newest driver 430.86. Unfortunately, I was not able to play 3D movies anymore. In the Windows setting menu the "3D display mode" option also disappeared. Therefore, I downgraded to the nividia driver to 418.91 again and now 3D working again. Does anybody experience the same problems? Hopefully, there is a solution for future drivers, since my HTPC is also a gaming machine and keeping the old driver might lead to compatible and performance issues in the future.
That is due to the removal of 3D Vision support from NVIDIA. They have dropped 3D in all drivers >= 419.
Nvidia drops 3D Vision support in GeForce Game Ready Drivers

Unfortunately I don't know, if there are or will be any workarounds Sad
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...played-/1/

Workaround for 3d?
Looks like it. Someone would have to try it.
did anyone test the new MadmeasureHDR Optimizer with ds player?
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-t...-nits.html
  • 486(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47