OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-05-17, 06:03)Milhouse Wrote: Chris Swan builds are nightlies of master (usually a slightly older Kodi master, with only stable newclock4 commits), so you need to look at the OpenELEC github for specific commits.

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/commits/master

Another way to think of a Chris Swan build is that it's the same as mine, but without all of the differences that are documented in my release notes.

When you say videos start more quickly, is this comparing omxplayer with omxplayer and dvdplayer with dvdplayer - remember that dvdplayer is the default in some builds, not sure about Chris Swans, maybe you're using omxplayer in his build and dvdplayer in mine?

If you're sure there's a performance difference it would be useful to know when the test builds became so much slower, as whatever is causing the degradation may well find its way into the Chris Swan builds eventually

It should also be possible to pinpoint the delays by analysing/comparing your debug logs from both builds, for instance the elapsed time from pressing "play" to when the movie starts, which should be similar in both builds but if demonstrably slower in a test build, that would be interesting.

Yes, it is very noticeable. For example, simply entering tvshow library takes like 3 seconds on yours, and is almost instant on his. Starting a video with his is about 3 seconds, and yours sometimes can be up to 15 seconds or more, but usually in the 8ish range.

I do think there is something new included, (somewhere back around #409 or #419, can't remember I'll have to search back in this thread for my post about it) because when I first started using your builds it was insanely fast back in the beginning of april, when I moved from 5.0.5/5.0.8.

I'll try and get some testing done sometime soon, when I get a break form working on issues in SickRage. I've also been playing around with building OE myself too, and doing some test builds with an updated RTL8188EU driver, as the one in OE is almost 2 years old and the newest doesnt even need patched for the kernel OE 6.0 is using atm. How stable and quick the Chris Swan builds have been have kept me from wanting to screw with it the past few days though lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by miigotu - 2015-05-17, 06:56
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214