• 57(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-05-25, 13:43)MONSTA Wrote: Last few testbuilds playing with jerks.

Please be more specific - which was the last build that played this file without a problem?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-25, 17:01)Milhouse Wrote: Please be more specific - which was the last build that played this file without a problem?

Sorry, I cannot say for sure. I noticed it for a long time with the second sample. I thought it was poorly encoded video, until today test of OE 5.95. Smile
with 524 build, I see improvements in hevc playback again..thanks!
(2015-05-25, 17:33)MONSTA Wrote: Sorry, I cannot say for sure.

Sure you can - start by bisecting the older builds until you've identified the last working and first non-working builds. Identifying the point at which the problem starts will significantly increase the chances of a fix.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-05-25, 16:58)doldi Wrote: i think:
Can you try creating a file
/storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf

This file You can create directly on your Pi

containing:

blacklist snd-bcm2835 (Popcornmix posted)

login over ssh (Putty) and: nano /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf

then write: blacklist snd-bcm2835
strg O
str X

thats all - reboot and yout hifiberry works

....or read the 3-4 posts over yours ;-)

wouldn't it be easier to just use something like this;
SSH to pi
Code:
echo "blacklist snd-bcm2835" /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf
reboot
(2015-05-25, 18:25)Milhouse Wrote: Sure you can - start by bisecting the older builds until you've identified the last working and first non-working builds. Identifying the point at which the problem starts will significantly increase the chances of a fix.
Of course I can, but I have other things to do besides this super beta testing Smile
The problem starts since #0429.
#0428 no problem, smooth.
(2015-05-25, 19:30)MONSTA Wrote: Of course I can, but I have other things to do besides this super beta testing Smile

Believe it or not, we all have better things to do! Wink

I wouldn't say it's a requirement, but there is an expectation that anyone using these test builds will at least put in the small amount of effort to identify the first build with the problem - it's why there are daily builds, it's really not too much to ask and knowing when the break first appeared will more than likely result in a faster and better fix. Anyone that simply can't be bothered to do this should stick to stable release builds.

(2015-05-25, 19:30)MONSTA Wrote: The problem starts since #0429.
Thanks, there's a few candidates in that build.
(2015-05-25, 19:30)MONSTA Wrote: The problem starts since #0429.

Thanks. In video files, the video frames typically have two timestamps, a decode timestamp (dts) and a presentation timestamp (pts).
Logically you might assume that if available you should display the video frame at the pts and that's what we did in Helix.
However this causes stutters with some files (e.g. dvds), and looking closely Kodi gives precedence to dts timestamps so we switched to that.

Unfortunately some files prefer dts and some prefer pts. For now I've add a GUI option in video/acceleration settings to "Prefer PTS timestamps".
This is a temporary measure partly to make these test builds more usable (rather than reverting to an old build that works better for you) and partly to get additional information.
If you have stuttery videos, try enabling the PTS mode and let me know if it helps. Let me know if enabling PTS mode makes any videos worse.

This setting may help Leopold's live TV speed up/down problem.
This PTS GUI setting will be added in the next build.
(2015-05-25, 12:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-05-25, 04:58)wchick132 Wrote: I did extensive testing on HEVC video files (mostly mkv format) since last couple of builds and found the RPi2 couldn't handle mkv files with 'Attachments' properly. Only audio but no video output, the screen stays with the file selection menu. Status on lower left corner shows that it's playing (Play icon and timer ticks).

Could you provide a sample file that has an attachment?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B47M60tR...cslist_api

Sample mkv file with attachment.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0525: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.0.4 #1 Mon May 25 21:03:56 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 23 2015 16:42:55
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 29d1114a122b6ef70bdfb7d4db3dd28bdfc38ac2 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150525210308-#0525-g08f6036 [Build #0525]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001558.295: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (08f60365, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (c4cfa88c, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Add "Prefer PTS timestamps" GUI option in Settings -> Video -> Acceleration (see link)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • vdr-satip: update to vdr-satip-2.2.2 (e5099b22)
    • vdr-plugin-vnsiserver: update to vdr-plugin-vnsiserver-a7b0670 (0bc39e16)
    • vdr-plugin-dvbapi: update to vdr-plugin-dvbapi-0489e01 (75fcd1d1)
    • vdr-addon: bump (08f60365)
  2. XBMC:
    • [stacking] skip folder stacking entirely in case no patterns available (PR:7145, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • combine multiline strings into one string and add additional comments… (PR:7111, 1 commit, 22 files changed)
    • [strings] info -> information (PR:7187, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [confluence][core] add missing & new icon types and cleanup (PR:6829, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [droid] Bump targetSdkVersion to Android 5.1 (API 22) (PR:7189, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [alternative] add logic to wait for the startup window to finish before showing information dialogs during startup (PR:7150, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [addons] update scrapers (23691a16)
  3. dcadec:
    • Refactor XLL channel mask validation. (6dc17c7b)
    • Define enumeration type for core audio mode. (e0e660c2)
    • Validate original XLL channel order. (3e33ecd0)
    • Export matrix encoding information. (62061374)
    • Always return EXSS-like info for core sub-stream. (3391f48f)
    • Define enumeration type for extended audio. (9485463f)
    • Implement sum/difference decoding. (092cee6d)
    • Add core decoder excessive frame size workaround. (57012ea2)
  4. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [rbp] Allow settings option for timestamp preference (5b622f18)
  5. kernel 4.0.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • dts: overlay: add generic support for ads7846 (833c2d59)

containing:

login over ssh (Putty) and: nano /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf

strg O
str X

Thanks. I did read the posts, but I thought it was different for the HiFiBerry digi board.
(2015-05-25, 19:16)bagofcrap24 Wrote:

containing:

strg O
str X

wouldn't it be easier to just use something like this;
SSH to pi
Code:
echo "blacklist snd-bcm2835" /storage/.config/modprobe.d/disable-snd-bcm2835.conf
reboot

Thank you. I'll try it, it seems easier, for noobies, like me.
I'm gonna have to test versions individually to be sure, but for versions of OpenELEC past 521, I'm not getting any 3D playback whatsoever. Trying to play a 3D movie results in a black screen and paused playback.

I would also recommend adding "Frame Packed" as a 3D type, outright, rather than attempt to implement it into an existing stereoscopic setup.
(2015-05-26, 03:08)MukiDA Wrote: I'm gonna have to test versions individually to be sure, but for versions of OpenELEC past 521, I'm not getting any 3D playback whatsoever. Trying to play a 3D movie results in a black screen and paused playback.

@MukiDA I had the same problem but found using mkvtoolnix to set the stereo mode to 1 give me a picture, but on playback its dropping a lot of frames.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214