OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
@Milhouse its something with the stability of the connection
The commit message 'As a consequence we start dropping TCP connections which are still alive.' makes alot of sense, as my mounts definitely are using tcp

Yes, I use regular nfs:// mounts (libnfs).

The issue is that the nfs reliability degrades over time, and I before I had to restart the nfs service on my server often, seemingly the nfsd instances were maxed out or some cache was maxing out and never freeing. I assume this is due to the dropped connections moted in the commit log from above, and Kodi would just create a new connection. After this happens alot the available resources on the server are depleted (not enough nfsd)

There were also some potential leak issues there in those commits that were fixed as well, maybe thats the difference.

Also, I don't think it's the initial open of the connection that is sped up. It's that there are less dropouts and random speed bottoms.
Before I would see the little waiting spinner in bottom right corner for a few seconds on any action or starting a video, now its so fast I never even see a spinner.

It's not 100%, sometimes I still get a little lag while a video is playing for a few seconds, possibly followed by a quick speedup to catch and resync audio/video.
Wireless has been hell for me on my Pi2 for the most part, with several different adapters and routers. It's just not stable enough of a connection.

Overall, very happy those commits were merged to libnfs upstream.

Messages In This Thread
How to install the builds - by kisas - 2015-05-24, 02:10
MVC 3D ISO Blu-ray - by Azimono - 2015-06-06, 14:28
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2 - by miigotu - 2015-06-25, 10:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214